Intuition and Creative Visualisation

Sinner

This is just something I've found recently and wondered if anyone else does anything similar.

Before doing a reading, I usually take a few minutes to try to 'connect' to the other person. Its not easy to describe, its like sensing another person's energy. This isn't only during readings though, sometimes, when I clear my mind, I can sense peoples presences before I see them, sometimes I hear voices, see colours, feel things.
But before that happens I try to visualise the connection. Usually, I see it as lots of small blue threads connecting me to everyone else. Each feels different, and when I want to focus on someone, I imagine the thread between me and the other person growing, and it just feels like it opens a path for my intuition.

So I wonder if anyone else does the same, or something similar. Maybe using a different type of imagery to focus intuition.
Does visualisation even help at all, or is intuition something completely different..

jujubee

I don't connect with other people when reading but I find that my creative visualization kicks in while I do the reading - I see images and use intuition to tell them what I see. They are rarely traditional tarot meanings but more my imagery. It has always been successful for me.

Sinner

thats interesting jujubee, do your images relate to the pictures shown on the card most of the time? I find that when I'm really into a reading I can see the caracters in the card moving and acting out their roles.

Mimers

I do something similar I suppose. I invite my Higher Self to talk to their Higher Self. I imagine these two forces communicating as well. I ask that anything I miss that the other person needs to hear, my Higher Self communicate.

As far as readings, I actually try to read the cards more like a story rather than 'the meaning' and very much go by intuition. When I get stuck in a reading I just start describing what I see in the card.

I like your method Sinner. I will want to try this. Do you ever feel like you are invading their space. Perhaps with certain types of people?

Mimi

full deck

My visualization focuses upon the card symbols themselves. I gradually developed a way of picking cards out of a deck by using a table that is a bit like the magician's table (excepting the four legs) and visualizing a character that symbolizes the Tarot opposite me to pick cards for me. I give myself flexibility in that I don't know who will be opposite me before I spread the deck out to pick from. I may see any number of things when I do this. Usually, if I'm really on, I actually see cards before I pull them out of the deck.

It helps to develop a single-minded focus of ones attention to do this well. Walking a tightrope high up, cliff climbing or performing music can help one in such.

jujubee

Sinner said:
thats interesting jujubee, do your images relate to the pictures shown on the card most of the time? I find that when I'm really into a reading I can see the caracters in the card moving and acting our their roles.

Many times yes - the images play a very important role in what I see. That is why different decks hold different meanings for me per card. For example, in my Legends deck I see 6 of pentacles as "flirting at work" - which is a very odd interpretation when one looks at the RW card. But when I use my RW deck, I see this card as the usual "being generous" card. But in the end, I often get some strange image that pops into my head - maybe the tree in the background makes me think of a forest and I'll tell someone that they are going on a camping trip - that's close to the kind of images I will come across.

Sinner

Mimers said:
I do something similar I suppose. I invite my Higher Self to talk to their Higher Self. I imagine these two forces communicating as well. I ask that anything I miss that the other person needs to hear, my Higher Self communicate.

As far as readings, I actually try to read the cards more like a story rather than 'the meaning' and very much go by intuition. When I get stuck in a reading I just start describing what I see in the card.

I like your method Sinner. I will want to try this. Do you ever feel like you are invading their space. Perhaps with certain types of people?

Mimi

Thats quite interesting, as like a conversation between higher selves to find out how the person is feeling. I can see how that may happen, though as a first impression, it seems like it would really end up as you conversing to your higher self to know what the interpretation is.

The way you read the cards is also intriguing, do you think that one card necessarily follows on from another like the plot of a story? Or could they be unrelated, which in some cases, intuition my prove to be.

I'm more than happy for others to gain ideas from my method. I've never actually felt like I was invading anyones space, especially during a reading, if they ask for a reading in the first place then there must be willing to share their thoughts and concerns aswell. As for others, since I see it as visualisation, even though I may feel all these things I'm not sure if it actually means I'm going into their head and seeing their thoughts, but just picking up the type of person they are and knowing more about them, I hope thats helped you abit.

Sunset Poet

hi,

i have to say that im very similar to jujubee.

when i meet the person im reading i dont seem to have any or feel any connection but as soon as i start getting into the reading its like something is taking over my trail of thought and im blurting out all this non-sense :) but to the listener it has always been valuable information so im told.

its funny how this all works - its like sometimes people wont read until they have a connection, some people instantly get a connection and others have none and just go with instinct i guess.

why do you think we all learn in such unique ways? its like the higher spirits delibertaly make sure everyone does it differently to feed of eachother maybe?

Sinner

I see how you would make that distinction Sunset Poet. If indeed we all do learn in unique ways, maybe its simply a matter of the type of person you are..

There are many different ways to read the tarot and there is rarely a right or wrong answer, though its clear alot of the reading depends on the reader so each should find the way that they are most comfortable with reading. I dont think this has to be fixed, people often change with time. But I thiokn connecting with an intuition or a higher self can be a way to open up that positive change perhaps

Kimberly

I do try to connect with the person I'm doing a reading for on some level :) I can tell before hand if the reading with be "good" or not (meaning accurate, not necessarily "happy" cards). I feel like I can sense the energy in the cards.

I can't explain how I know, but it's always correct in my experience.