Medicine Cards - Faulty Edge Finish or Normal?

MoonLite

I've today received my deck of Medicine Cards that I ordered online. However, when I opened the deck, holding them all together, I noticed that on each of the 4 sides, there's like a little ridge in what would be the centre of the side. None of the other decks that I own have got any bumps on the edge of the cards and are completely smooth. So it made me wonder if when this deck was cut out, whether the sides were finished properly?

Thus, before I simply just assume that this deck is "faulty" and go sending them back... I'd be very grateful to anyone else that has Jamie Sams & David Carson's Medicine Cards, if they could tell me if this is normal for this deck or not. :confused:

Thank you. :)

~ MoonLite ~

WhiteRaven

My Medicine cards aren't like that.....they are normal like the other decks...

I'd return them if I were you....you pay good money for quality.

MoonLite

Thank you, WhiteRaven for your super quick reply! :D

Well, I did think it looked a bit funny, so thank you for advising that this isn't normal. I will most definitely send them back as "rejects"... as you said, we pay a lot of money for decent decks, so don't expect something that's second best.

Thanks so much! :)
~ MoonLite ~
xxxx

Astraea

Mine have "nubbins" on three sides -- not huge, but enough to create ridges. So a replacement deck might or not mght not have them. :(

Moongold

Are these the Medicine cards by Jamie Sans and David Carson?

My version has no distinguishing characteristics like those you describe. I bought them in Australia.

Moongold

zorya

i imagine each printing could be different.

mine have little ridges on the top and bottom, but not the sides. since the ridge is consistant on all cards, it doesn't really bother me.

MoonLite

Thank you for feedback!

Thank you to you all that replied regarding the curious ridges on each side of Sams & Carson's Medicine Cards... hmm, certainly interesting that some seem to be completely smooth and others not! :confused: Would seem perhaps to be a manufacturing "thing" doesn't it... but certainly not something I've come across before in any other deck, hence my asking.

While it doesn't really bother me that much - but I guess a choice between completely smooth and ridges... I'd have to go with smooth. So I've decided to ask Amazon to send me another deck... just to see what that one appears like!! So I'll let you know the outcome of that one. ;)

But thank you all for your kind feedback. Guess, I'll just have to be patient now... before I get the chance to play with them! :rolleyes: Just feeling particularly drawn to animals right now... so hopefully they might help me understand the reasons!! :)