Tarot jigsaw puzzle!

Pipistrelle

Just stumbled upon this whilst doing my day job... ;)

http://www.puzzlesusa.com/cgi-bin/item/109149

I'm sure some others are aware of this, as it's by Ciro Marchetti and I assume is from the Gilded, however, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see a Tarot themed jigsaw puzzle. An ideal gift for Auntie Hilda, non?

Just disappointed there weren't more of them. Pity to have an "Astrology and Tarot puzzles" category and only one tarot jigsaw in it...maybe I should talk to the boss about expanding our product range... ;)

Pip

Whitestar

Oooooooh!

Yes, it's Gilded...

This is great!! I had no idea there was a Gilded puzzle. Thoughts of Christmas gifts are dancing in my head!!! Thanks for posting this!

gregory

There was another tarot puzzle on e-bay this sort of time last year - I never did figure out what deck it was, but it wasn't one of Ciro's. I thought of buying it, but occasionally I try to restrain myself. :p

But wait - PS - it's back: here.

NOT Ciro's I think - though the pic is WAY worse than last year.

PS some more (I worry at these things once I start !!) It is also for sale at amazon, with a better pic. But I STILL can't see what deck it is - does anyone know ?

tarotbear

Awesome!

As soon as I clicked on the link I immediately sent the link to my boyfriend with a note: Christmas is Coming! (hint, hint)

A few Yules agao I blessed Meewah with a puzzle titled "The Tarot - a Fortune jigsaw puzzle" put out by Buffalo games, Inc. Don't know if this is an ISBN or a SKU number off the side of the box: 0-79346-00771-4.

The puzzle makes a spread sheet, has a cheap deck, and gives you a guidebook for doing readings! I never opened mine (nowhere to do a puzzle in a two-room apartment), but Meewah did.

WhiteRaven

This site won't ship to Canada :(

And I did a google and there aren't any places that will ship here...

sigh....I love puzzles!

gregory

tarotbear said:
As soon as I clicked on the link I immediately sent the link to my boyfriend with a note: Christmas is Coming! (hint, hint)

A few Yules ago I blessed Meewah with a puzzle titled "The Tarot - a Fortune jigsaw puzzle" put out by Buffalo games, Inc. Don't know if this is an ISBN or a SKU number off the side of the box: 0-79346-00771-4.

The puzzle makes a spread sheet, has a cheap deck, and gives you a guidebook for doing readings! I never opened mine (nowhere to do a puzzle in a two-room apartment), but Meewah did.
Actually this is indeed the one I saw on e-bay - the deck may be cheaply produced) - but the edges look like a Folchi - did Meewah tell you what deck it was ???

Chronata

I have the Tarot Fortune Jigsaw that you have mentioned.

The cards are indeed Folchi designs...made just for this puzzle, I believe, because I have never seen these images anywhere else.

And they are hugely thick things...not like regular card stock at all...but more like heavy press board. There are just the Majors.

The puzzle idea looks sort of cool...you build it and it has a spread with the meanings of the positions where you lay down the cards.
But I have no room...nor motivation... to build the puzzle.

I will try and see if I can scan a couple cards in today! :)

tmgrl2

Thank you , Pipistrelle!

I just ordered one...for those long, cold, snowy winter days.

terri

gregory

Chronata said:
I will try and see if I can scan a couple cards in today! :)
That would be great - I have a lot of Folchi decks and would love to figure it out !