In case of emergency - Shuffle cards~!

Do you carry an "emergency" Tarot deck with you?

• Yes - I habitually have a deck on me at all times

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Sometimes - I might have a deck on me for an emergency reading

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Not often - I usually don't carry decks on me

Votes: 50 40.0%
  • Never - Take my beautiful decks from their safe and loving home? Are you nuts?

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

Alissa

Today I got to thinking, how many of us carry an "emergency" deck with us at all times? How often do you find yourself really using it? What kind of readings do you find yourself needing to do with an "emergency" deck?

Myself, I carry a mini Hanson Roberts in my purse at all times, and in the years since I started doing so, I *do* find myself called upon at odd times to read. Last week, while visiting a henna client, her daughter called to tell her of a dream in which her mother was a prominent part.

Stymied, my client asked me to read for her, regarding the meaning/interpretation of her daughter's dream, which was fascinating, and not the "average reading."

I take comfort in knowing a deck is always with me, "just in case," do you also?

Then there are the times when you're alone, and bored to tears, and/or waiting. Then, you can take your deck out and just look at it, or shuffle it, or pull some impromptu cards for yourself, or strike up a conversation about them....

MercyMe

Sometimes I just get the feeling I need to take a deck with me. I've never had to do an "emergency reading" with it, but I have used it to amuse myself while waiting in a restaurant or parking lot. However, I've learned to respond to those nudges so even when I don't know why I feel a deck needs to go with me, I take one nonetheless.

~Mercy

Sophie

Well, I don't call it an emergency deck, but I do usually have a deck with me. I also usually have a book & a notebook. Just habits I got into during my heavy-travelling years. Now I even have them when I go to town :D -Those rare times I forget I'm like a chain-smoker without his fags!

Flavio

As Alissa does, I carry a mini Hanson Roberts with me not always but sometimes, specially when going out on business trip, at those times the readings are for me only.

IF I need an emergency reading at my office I quickly use Excel to generate random numbers between 0 and 21, I can "shuffle" the random numbers until I feel right and get my reading.

Citrin

I used to have one with me, always, sometimes even two. Nowadays... Not so often. I only use it if I go to my boyfriend after school, instead of heading home.

M-Press

Well, surprisingly enough, i don't always carry my deck with me, actually I seldom do (sometime I wish I had it just to show of...)
But what I do use in "emergencies", is an ONE card spread, and I use for that either a metro card, or a sugar bag/envelope. I usually roll in it my palm, and then throw in on a table. I have decided in advance what each side will mean: Yes/No, option A/option B and so on. Just like a coin-only I never use a coin!
For emergency, it DOES work! :)

a_shikhs

well i dont carry my deck everywhere with me. but i do carry it when im travelling. i just feel so secure with it. whenever im travelling, i like carrying my rws deck with me. you never know when you might use it...

srgnosis

I'm usually not far from a computer, and facade.com has free readings that I sometimes use in the event of a 'crises'. For instance, I just about chewed out my coworker today for being a know it all, but decided to avoid doing that after a two paths reading that said that restraint is the path to personal happiness, while release would lead to ruin.

At the very least, he didn't get a tongue lashing.

Annabelle

I admit, I try to carry a deck with me at all times. Currently in my purse is the mini Universal tarot :).

Cielo

Are you kidding?? I have a deck on me at all times, no matter where I go...usually the old trusted and quite worn Radiant RWS.....it's come in handy many times, not necessarily in emergencies! :)