PDA

View Full Version : Moqui balls

Deszroo
11-10-2005, 05:23
In general I've come across generic information about Moqui balls. However, a friend of mine tells me that she heard its good for headaches, stress release/relief, and lying down (on back) meditation where you place a ball by each ear and then just listen, tune in...as its suppose to have some effect on ones thoughts...perhaps insights?. In any case I haven't yet tried that meditation . So far, I am now seeing how it works during sleep under pillow. Has anyone anything to share about their work with Moqui balls?.

Desz

TheOld
11-10-2005, 05:36
Moquis Balls are the Shaman stones
they are old stone that have lot of mystery around them
the fact that they are not crystaline at all make us touch the part of us whe haven't touch yet
two ball help integrate the duality

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

WhiteRaven
11-10-2005, 05:51
I also know them as Shaman Stones.....and I had two but lost one recently...must make a mental note to go find another one.

Deszroo...does it open your dream world?
I've not worked with them yet...especially now with only one...When I use my medicine cards I often have them near by...but I can not say what else they would do for me at this time.

sagewriter
11-10-2005, 06:24
i have 2 but have not really worked with them yet. their nickname is "faithful darling", which really suits them, i get such a warm, unconditional love from them. i also heard then when rubbing them together (like you use stress balls) you open yourself up to sounds that normally cannot be heard. i tried this and heard a few bumps (probably just floor boards) but got freaked out and haven't tried since!. they are just lovely to hold :)

Deszroo
11-10-2005, 10:46
WhiteRaven...I really can't say for now exactly the effect in terms of dreams....but I find that in general crystals and rocks have been perhaps a catalyst and depending on the crystal and rock seem to have its own style in how things unfold dreamwise along with what I think is the way which persons they tends to dream.

Sagewriter..I've heard too about what you've explained..and have tried that rubbing thing..for now its a no show.. in fact never liked for example those chinese/anti-stress/dexterity balls. I only get more irritated;even as a child when I first encounted them...that was due to my hands being too small..but now...still not too keen. I find them attractive in the decorative..artistic sense...and can see their advantage to some for hand/health issues. I've read that each ball is supposed to have in them sounding plates that produce high and low tones..and that the rotation is clock or counterclock...humm perhaps it just a matter of me going the "wrong" direction for me or using the "wrong" hand for me". I must investigate this with the moqui then.

In fact a few a hours ago after my first post I did the lying down meditation..putting the moqui by my ears...in the still quite..for about 2hrs...nothing happened in terms to what I mentioned in my post. So maybe I'll try again another time.

Desz

catlin
11-10-2005, 21:50
Moqui marbles remind me of taking both sides into consideration, of living balanced and in peace. I have my set of moquis on my altar and I sometimes take them with me to outdoor rituals.

Le Fanu
09-12-2009, 04:25
I've just got back from a rock fair (we have one every December in Lisbon) and I bought one of these shaman stones.

I was absolutely intrigued by it. the seller had a rock encyclopedia and when I read about it, I just had to have it.

I then found this (http://timberwolfhq.com/shamanic-star-stones-mochi-marbles-moqui-balls/) very intriguing text about them.

Yet I read here that they seem to be used in pairs. I only have one. O dear.. I'm now wishing I had bought two! I feel as though I have seperated it from it's other half!

Bernice
09-12-2009, 09:08
Hi Le Fanu,

Ooops link.... ..Timberwolf?

I don't want to be sacreligeous (? spelling!), but couldn't you use two nice, specially found pebbles/stones?

Bee :)

Le Fanu
09-12-2009, 09:51
Yes! That's the link! I wonder what happened?

It's just that thing about being either male or female. As if they exist in pairs. Each relaxing/ meditational exercie I read about with them suggests using two.

But I see no reason why a pair of pebbles would do the same... :)

ETA; now it works. A wrong letter slipped into the site link...

MCsea
09-12-2009, 20:24
AWESOME LINK Le Fanu thank you

silverwings94
10-12-2009, 01:28
I have a set of these but Ihaven't worked with them since I bought them. I'm going to check to make sure I have male and female.
Thanks so much for this wonderful link.
Kat

ncharge
09-01-2010, 10:12
Mochi balls seem to have a polarized energy field around them. If you have a headache, place the balls on either side of your head for a short rest. It will help. It also pays to hold them in front of you and slowly bring them together. Rotate the balls (most are rather saucer-shaped) until you find the two sides that seem to pull toward each other. That is the most effective position - pulling towards each other. You can also flip them and draw things away.

cardlady22
09-01-2010, 10:41
Boji Stone is the copywritten and registered trademark for concretion stones which are found in Colorado.

Sinduction
09-01-2010, 14:10
Has anyone found a place to order these? Preferably ones that aren't too expensive?

cardlady22
09-01-2010, 14:22
Most sites are coming up $8-10 each for a one-inch diameter. But, I don't recognize the online store names, so I can't vouch for the customer service, etc. I looked under these trade names:
shaman stones
moqui marbles

Le Fanu
09-01-2010, 18:01
I think I really need a mate for mine :(

Must use my pendulum and find out if it's male or female. Everyone seems to talk about these stones in pairs. Damn, why didn't I buy two of them... The seller had half a dozen...

cardlady22
09-01-2010, 23:55
Found a couple of pics:
male (http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4623703/moquirighthandmalecopy_Full.jpg) and female (http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4623703/moquifemalecopy_Full.jpg)

a pair (http://www.littlegemsrockshop.co.uk/acatalog/SP1966.jpg)

Does that help? Are they fairly representative?

Wendywu
10-01-2010, 00:37
Yes - that's about the size mine are. My female is slightly larger than the male which I understand is fairly normal. I got mine from a reputable Ebay seller who lives in a small town in my county. He sells a lot of them and if he is selling a pair he does specifiy if they are male and female.

Le Fanu
10-01-2010, 01:05
Nice links cardlady! In your last link, of the pair, mine is like the one on the right. What's that? Male or female? I need to know for when it comes to mating :D

I'd really like to get a mate for mine... if only I'd known. And aside from the annual rock fair, local New Age shops here don't sell shaman stones...

cardlady22
10-01-2010, 02:05
In the pair pic, the Right is the female.
Without getting too crude, the males will vary widely. :P Some have what appears to be a ridge/lip around the midline area.

Le Fanu
10-01-2010, 08:14
Right - thanks - so I need a male. I think I may have to wait another year until the annual rock fair in December comes round!

November's Dawn
05-11-2013, 02:50
They are great :-) I have one small couple male and female that I'm working with and have them in my pockets. Just today I bought another couple, bigger one so they can hang out together :-)

shelikes2read
05-11-2013, 04:58
Just make sure to treat them as being semi-fragile, even though their outer layer appears to be solid. On another crystal forum where I post, we recently had someone whose moqui stone hit the sidewalk and shattered. :( "Disintegrated", was how she put it. She utterly did not expect that to happen, as she thought the outer layer was solid enough to protect it>

However, the core of the stone is sandstone, which is far softer than the outer layer. So an abrupt impact against a hard surface could spell curtains for such a stone. It's best to presume there's some fragility, regardless of appearance, and use and carry them with caution.

stonesatiety
06-11-2013, 08:36
I have a friend who has had a solo Moqui Marble for many years now. It seems content, although my friend is open to finding a mate for it. I've played with quite a few of these stones, but so far none have come to me. If you like Moqui Marbles/Balls/Shaman Stones, you might like Boji Stones, which also come in male/female pairs. They are concretions treated with a special process the woman who discovered them received from spirit. I sure enjoy playing with mine.

canid
06-11-2013, 11:13
I'm not positive but I think they may be the same thing-moqui, boji. I have a rather large rock(s) that someone told me years ago was a conjoined boji. This was at a rock store in Ann Arbor, MI. 'They' are around 8 lbs, a bit smaller than a football & very large for the typical boji, but that's what he said. I just knew it was something, it was so very odd. The small one grew like a distinctive knob on top of the large one & it's about 3" in diameter. I took a pic of 'them' last nite with my new fone but I can't figure out how to transfer it to my computer; can't find the cable. I'd like shelikkes2read to look at it. I'll figure it out, hopefully. When I lived in Michigan, evidently a long ago previous owner was a rockhound I found out, when he died his wife threw away & buried his whole collection, & when I dug in to make herb/flower beds, I kept coming up with all kinds of really cool stuff-quartz crystals, huge & small geodes, copper clusters still in crystalline form, obsidian, a big hunk of raw emerald (not good enough quality to be faceted, but still), opal (YES!), lots of others. Things that just aren't to be found in MI, except for the copper and many many petoskey stones. I would love to have one slabbed & polished...they're just adorning my gardens. The more I found, the more I had to dig...& I brought much of it with me to Ohio when I moved back. I spent weeks digging & cleaning. I gave a 40 lb calcite crystal slab to my horse's vet, he admired it so. My brother was president of the Akron lapidary club at the time; he was perplexed. Didn't truly believe me till he visited from South Carolina. I got lotsa poison ivy during that period also...

stonesatiety
07-11-2013, 03:59
canid: Boji and Moqui Marbles are different. It would be fun to see a pic of your stone. Whatever it is, it sounds interesting. I have an unusual concretion from Morocco that is obviously unlike either boji or moqui. I've seen boji the size you describe!

What a bonanza in the garden!!! I'm glad the stones got to come out and play again. :-)

Kathy123
08-11-2013, 00:15
so, this post has intrigued me! I have been looking on e-bay and they have the moqui balls sold in pairs there from Utah. Is there any other source that anyone knows of? and/or has anyone bought them from a supplier on ebay that they can recommend?

Thanks!!

shelikes2read
08-11-2013, 05:41
so, this post has intrigued me! I have been looking on e-bay and they have the moqui balls sold in pairs there from Utah. Is there any other source that anyone knows of? and/or has anyone bought them from a supplier on ebay that they can recommend?

Thanks!!

My recommendation is to NOT limit yourself to metaphysical sellers on eBay. Instead, look under the "Rocks, Crystals, Minerals" heading and you will find the same rocks for prices that are at least as good -- if not better -- than the prices of some Metaphysical sellers.

Geologically-oriented collectors do not tack on some of the markups that meta sellers do. So do some comparison shopping and see who's offering you the most for your money.

Kathy123
08-11-2013, 06:05
Thank you!!! That is great advice!! I found a nice male/female pair for a very reasonable price :) can't wait til they arrive and I can have fun with them :)

druyan
18-11-2013, 16:33
How cool is this! I had never heard of these guys, but I really liked what I read so I just bought a pair for a really great price. I have got to try these. Thank you for posting! :)

Kathy123
18-11-2013, 23:41
Mine arrived about a week ago. I have been sleeping with them ever since :)
I am really enjoying their energy!