How Many AT Members

TemperanceAngel

have gone professional since joining AT?

I was just reading terri's recent post about her reading face to face/paid readings and I was thinking how wonderful to have a place like this to post your thoughts. I don't think the internet existed when I started reading :D

It made me think of all the amazing stories I have read of people having the courage to go out and read in public partly (or mainly?) due to their AT interaction.

Hands up if AT has helped you make the big leap into live readings?

Please do tell :) I love hearing peoples reading stories :)

Elven

Hi TemperanceAngel!!

Hands up here! :p

Blessings
Elven x

TemperanceAngel

Thank you Elven!!

I don't mean you have to write a story, but I did think it would be great to do a head count :)

blackroseivy

Yo!

I just recently took the professional plunge with Kasamba. I had taken money here & there for it, but it was never a regular thing until now. After having honed my skills here for 2 years now, almost - I thought it was high time! I always (just about! ;) ) get VERY good feedback. It's rare that I'm off form, I'm happy to say! Someone from another board got to talking to me & she works for them; I was very happy being sent over because I had never even heard of them before!! :D I knew that people had their own websites, but I just never knew that there were these huge group websites where all the promotion etc. is taken care of for you, & they have LOTS of readers. Someone from here actually pointed me to another few sites, one of which has also hired me :D - I haven't had any business from them yet, but I was having a problem using their (complicated!) software. That's straightened out now, so I am hoping for a little bit of business from them, too.

I feel as if I've finally found "the" PERFECT job!! - one I love doing, & one at which I am SO appreciated - I have an almost solid 5-star rating!! - & one whre I'm my own boss, work at home on the computer - what's not to love??!! :D Well, there IS a downside - they take .17 per minute live session & 30% overall on TOP of that!! :( Oh well, it's the price of doing business, I suppose... Setting one's own price is also a very BIG perk...! I have given myself a raise since I started - only a little, but it made quite a difference. I'm not making huge money, by any means! However, little incremental raises will probably be the right thing to do. As of the new year, I'm going to start charging $2.00 per min. (up from 1.25); after that, a .50c raise - maybe even more if I'm doing well enough! - every 6 months. There are people who have been with them for a couple of years or more now, they charge quite the arm & the leg - a little too much IMO, but hey, more power to them, right? ;) - so I know I can make a little career out of this.

So, that's my story - I'll stop running on now! ;)

tmgrl2

There is no way I would have gone public, TA, without AT and all of the encouragement and support that is here on a daily basis....what a wonderful place to share our experiences reading live...

You have always been there from the beginning when I first started reading ....and now, I am reading live and loving it!

I find there is no comparison ...reading live versus reading online.

Thank you for all of your support!

t

mnemosyne7

I was reading and teaching for years before I found AT. But the folks at AT have made me realize that I had to take the plunge and write! First draft of a book down, and many edits to go ... I've been reviewing TarotBear's adventures into publishing, and the multitude of deck creators and writers on AT are so supportive and generous with their experience and advice.

It's a downright wonderful community.

Mnem

Satori

AT helped me to read publicly.
Alongside the local Tarot circle with Songdeva, Contrascarpe, gardener and dadsnook.

The knowledge, support and information available here were like a Tarot vitamin! Vitamin AT! All readers need it!

Thanks AT!

TemperanceAngel

So far we have:

Elven
terri
danubhe
elf
mnemosyne7(writing)
EmeraldGirl
EminemsAngelBaby
ArwenNightstar

Come on, I know there's more :D

Emeraldgirl

Hands up here but I am still starting out. I have done a few parties and a few friend of a friend stype redings but nothing steady.

EminemsAngelBaby

I went professional about a year after joining AT. I read once a week in the lounge where I work, do parties/events here and there and had my first private appointment a couple of weeks ago. AT was just a wealth of information and experience and increased my learning capacity many times over. It encouraged me to go with the flow and to be open to opportunities when they came my way. Thanks to all AT members for helping me to grow:).