Angel Oracle Cards

Paula33028

I just bought a new deck of Angel Oracle cards by Dr. Doreen Virtue. This is my first card deck and I am very confused. I don't know how to use them. Does anybody have any advice on how I should get started? I really love angels, I'm fascinated by them and I would like to get to know them. I would apprciate any input that you may have.
thanks

jade

hey there fellow canadian!

check out the thread in the spirituality section on this author!

in light,
jade

Butterfly

Which of the two Angel decks of hers did you get?
Have you read the little white book that came with the decks? It's a really simple, clear book that explains really well how to use them.
I know there are quite a few of us who have her many decks. So my suggestion is to read the book, and ask us as many questions as you need to.
Love and blisses,
Butterfly

mondk

I also have this deck.

I have the deck with the big cards that are extremely hard to shuffle, LOL. They came in a very nice gold-colored box with a hard-backed gold-colored book. I took the spread suggestions from the book and these cards are ones that you will have to read each individual card from the book meaning since they have such long meanings (you can't just go by the front of the card in my opinion).

Plan on any spreads you do off of this deck to take some time. Or, I have even used them for daily use. I think to myself in the mornings, what should I focus on today...and then pick a card, look at it, then also read the book meaning. Then, at the end of the day, I re-read the card to see if the advice in it was accurate. Then, I haven't yet, but probably should, write about it in my journals.

Hope this helps...this is definitely a deck set that takes some working with to get used to, so I know how you feel.

Many blessings, Michelle

Butterfly

Good point Mondk. Pulling a card a day not only helps you to learn about the deck, but also sets you on a healing path.
Sounds like you have the Healing with the Angels deck. They are all actually the same size, but Messages from the Angels is blue as opposed to the Gold, I think.

jade

LOL i was in a hurry when i came to do some moderating last night and i didn't realize that the other posting was from you. i guess it won't help you to go read your own posting.

sorry............

(see guys, us moderators are just humans who mess up now and then too :p )

love and light,
jade

Paula33028

Angel Cards

Thank you soo much for your advice. The deck I bought comes in a light blue box and is called "Messages from your Angels". I have read the little book that comes with them but I just don't think I am connected to the cards yet. In the book there is a section that talks about imprinting your energy on the cards and I haven't been able to do that. I appreciate any suggestions.
Paula

mondk

Hey, I think I have that one too!

I'm also a big angel fanatic; if you like angels, perhaps you should also check out the Winged Spirit tarot; it is angel-oriented as well.

I think I know which deck you may be referring to...I also have a little blue box with little cards in them (the box has angel wings and a halo on the front of it) but I thought it said Angel Meditation cards or something like that. Those are also good to just pick one once a day and read the meaning off the card.

Many blessings, Michelle

Butterfly

They are actually a different set of cards Mondk.
I don't have Messages from the Angels, I didn't like it when I saw it. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, I believe their are a few people here who do like them. But I much prefer her healing with the Angels Deck.

faunabay

I agree with you Butterfly. But I think with me it's just that I already had the Healing with the Angels (and Fairies) decks and the Messages deck just seemed like too much to add.

But I think metaz has all three decks and loves working with them all!!! I just thought the Messages deck was one too many. I really liked the artwork but it just seemed too much like the other two I already had.

And like Paula I just didn't seem to connect with the Messages deck like I did the other 2.

So Paula I'd suggest trying the Healing with the Angels and/or the Fairies decks if you don't end up connecting with the Messages deck!!