Random musing no.76 - Tarot charm bracelet...

Pipistrelle

I'm thinking a charm for each of the Major Arcana plus a cup, sword, wand and pentacle to complete the set.

A little book for the High Priestess. A lantern for the Hermit...

Wouldn't it be lovely? Has anyone ever seen such a thing?

Or...what other ways could we accessorize with Tarot? Because, as we all know, it's sooooo important to accessorize. ;)

Pip

ocho8s

I love your idea!!!
For the magician we can get a infinity simbol
a crown for the Emperor
any more ideas

Anaoly

huredriel

How about a scythe or skull for Death

Pipistrelle

A cute little scythe, definitely ;)

Ilithiya

Probably not the same kind of charms that you're thinking of, but I have seen the Italian charms/Zoppini style expansion charms in the Major Arcana on eBay... all 22 for $60 or so. Don't know if the seller is still around or not.

I'm drawing a blank for dangly charm bracelets, but... you could reduce cards via copier and decoupage them onto flat blank metal pieces zipper pulls (fire mountain gems has them in tons of colors and shapes); Badge-a-minite now makes the 1.25" small button machines - finally! - so you could wear your card of the day, too :D

Card + scanner + Photoshop + color printer + Avery inkjet transfer paper = entire Tarot wardrobe :D

Illy

dadsnook2000

One answer . . .

I have a possible answer to your wishes. I have uploaded three graphics:
1) A small oval with the four tarot suite symbols on it.
2) The Hermit's hand and lamp.
3) A PPF Bracelet.

Each of these are hand-carved deep-relief wood carvings. They can be replicated and hand-painted. The first two can be strung on a gold or silver chain and used as a tarot pendant. The PPF Bracelet is made up of three miniture wood hand-carved tarot cards, each replicated, hand-painted and linked together. At this point, I have the entire Major Arcana carved, painted and finished, I have all the court cards and Aces carved but not finished, and these three cards (Ace of Wands, two of cups, nine of pentacles) done.

These will be part of my offerings on my new web-site which is within a few weeks or so of being launched. If there is any interest in acquiring these early just contact me. In any case, I'd like to know what you think of these. Dave
PS -- if the three attachments don't all show up on this posting, I'll add two more short posts.

dadsnook2000

Another attachment

Here is the four tarot suites piece.

dadsnook2000

And the last graphic

Here is the Hermit's hand & lamp

euripides

what a cool idea!

I love it! So far I've only seen miniature tarot cards as charms - waayy too obvious and not very attractive really. A subtle cup, wand, pentacle/coin and sword... very nice. Love some of the other ideas too. You should do some sketches and present your idea to a jewellery designer.

cheers
Euri

dadsnook2000

Cost considerations

euripides . . . your idea is initially good but there are several pro's and con's to consider.

1) A simple flat silver tarot card with a slightly raised figure-outline would cost in the neighborhood of $50 US. I can offer deep-relief carved replications, hand-painted, cards -- soon, all 78 of them, at approximately 1/3 of that price.

2) Silver cards for bracelets and pendants require a heavy investment in molds, most likely severl hundred dollars or more each. This limits the number and choices available. I'm more than half-way through the total 78 cards and will soon be able to offer them all -- without any heavy inventory costs.

3) My pendants and bracelets are carved in deep-relief. Their wood-carving charm and colors give them a life and appeal that flat monochrome pieces do not have.

4) I can customize any order -- changes in color, making up various combinations, etc. The idea is to provide charming accessories to the tarot community that I am part of. I am an astrologer and taroist first, a craftsman second. I have our community's interests at heart.

Just some thoughts. Dave

PS. For the moderators: I'm not selling here and don't want to push the line. I'm just seeking some feedback at this point. Thanks.