Tarot Storms?

JPT

Hi, Just watching the Morning News (as a breakfast digestif!). The commentator was talking about the number and naming of tropical storms.
He said the newest forming storm 'Wilma' ties the national record of 21 storms in a single season. That record was set in 1933. Apparently the National Weather Bureau does not use any letters after 'W' (wonder why?) and therefore if there is another storm after 'Wilma', they will revert to the Greek alphabet and begin again with Alpha. In the history of the Weather Bureau this would be precedented.
I could not help but notice the appparent correlations with Tarot's Major Arcana:
> 21 storms as the maximum record in a year (completions /maximum possibilities preceded by change)
> Afterwards the 22nd storm would be called Alpha (returning to the Source or from Alpha to Omega to Alpha)
Aloha,
*jpt

TheOld

i'm allways stunned by the complexity of the Cosmos, incredible how all is connected!!!
i didn't like to have the jobs of the one who is making all this fit for everybody ;)

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

PlatinumDove

The reason why they don't name them after W is the same reason why they don't use names starting with Q, U, X, Y, and Z...because they need to retire names each year, and there are not enough names of those letters to continue onwards each year with a new one. Look at the names each year...they are different: Betsy, Camille, Georges, Andrew, Florence, Katrina, Stan, Rita, they've all been retired.

In New Orleans (where I used to live before Katrina) and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, there was always talk..."Remember when Betsy hit? Oh well, Camille was much worse..." "Katrina is worse than Betsy or Camille..." "Rita is a stronger storm than Katrina..." "I was evacuated from Plaquemines Parish when Betsy was coming..."

We can't say "Well, Katrina is worse than the Betsy of the 1960s..." When a storm name is said, we all know what storm that was referring to, and sometimes even what year if we remember that far back, or were alive.

Right now, my life, as many thousands of others, is divided into pre-Katrina and post-Katrina.

So, yeah, that's a long winded explanation of why they don't use some letters. :) What will happen if they have to retire some Greek names? That will be interesting.

Sinistar_Phoenix

Dude...

I always thought that that was weird too. Why not go past "W"? Not too long ago, I thought, "Well, there aren't that many decent names that one can go past "W" with..." But how everything's linked, yeah, that's... Odd...

Rachel

Bashert Zein

Speaking of hurricanes…

I live in the South Florida area and for obvious reasons I was wondering if anyone knows of any weather related predictive spreads.

Thanks…

BZ