Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards by Julia Parker

Elven

Hi All :)

I am the proud owner of a new deck of cards. They are the Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards by Julia Parker.

Does anyone have these cards and how have you found them?

The deck consists of a spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs playing deck and a book.

The book contains three sections: Love, Life and Chance. Questions are already set out in the book and the answers for each question is set out on a double page which follows.

It maybe the newness of the deck - but on asking some questions (from the book) I recieved some dubious answers. Possibly me (I understand - the answes may need expansion as they are only one line staements) Has anyone used these in a professional situation?

Blessings
Elven x

Attachments

• Gypsy Fortune telling cards box set.JPG
    Gypsy Fortune telling cards box set.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 961

catlin

Hi elven,
congrats to you new "babes". I don't know these cards but I do fortune telling with normal playing cards. There are various ways how to interpret playing cards, e.g. one friend used to call the queen of spades the "bad queen" or the "widow" card whereas another friend of mine gave this attributes to the queen of clubs.

As for me, I usually stick to traditional tarot meanings when using the playing cards.

Elven

Thanks catlin!! :)

I have a book which I started to study months ago but didnt finish. Its called - Fortune Telling with Playing Cards by Jonathan Dee - Sterling publishers ISBN 1-4027-1219-7.

I find it very complicated indeed!! Though I think I could certainly transfer the Tarot meanings over to the cards and add a bit of numerology to help things along.

I like the size of the deck and the size of the numbers of the print. I think I need to do a few readings with them for others to see what the response is.
Having the questions already set certainly makes things easy, but you only pull one card per question. No complicated spreads here LOL!!! :D

Thanks for the post catlin
Take care
Many Blessings
Elven x

Star-Willow

I have just been searching around here for any threads about this deck.... mine just arrived, I got them from ebay and I just wanted to see if anyone else had them and what they thought... they are not listed in the cards section of AT......

In the Preface to the original edition it says that "the accuracy of the answers depends largely on the sincerity of the questioner".... this is true :bugeyed: I just tried a few questions and I wasn't really *involved* the way I normally would be when asking and wow, the answers I got have thrown me......

So I was really hoping to to talk to anyone else who has these and what their experiences were/are with these cards.....

DownUnderNZer

What are AT members (who have this one of course) experiences to date with this deck?