• Tarot is a Celestial game, Gods play at their free time

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Tarot is a channel for whoever/whatever is there at the moment

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • It never tells truth, only tales

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Tarot shows one of the possibilities from infinite number of others

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • It tells what you want to hear (even if unconsciously)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

jumptothemoonyea

As we looking into the why and how and when and if the Tarot works, it would be revealing to display a summary of our community vision in a way of numbers. I am putting together a poll to finaly illuminate the truth ;)

Please vote in the above poll and do not hesitate to share your view in this thread.

FaeryGodmother

I voted "other" because I think that Tarot tells you what you already know at some level- it is just one method of many to bring that subconcious knowledge to the concious.

Interesting poll, jumptothemoonyea.

Annabelle

Well, I voted that tarot always tells the truth, because I believe it does. In my opinion, there are no times when we draw the "wrong" cards . . . although there may be plenty of times when we don't fully understand the cards we've drawn.

I also voted that tarot shows one possibility out of an infinite number of possibilities . . . yes, tarot shows us the truth, but that doesn't mean there's only one truth, or only one possible outcome or course of action.

I voted, too, that tarot tells us what we want to hear. I don't think this is always the case, but it can sometimes be the case especially when we read for ourselves.

And finally, I voted for "other" because for me, there's still a lot of "unknown" aspects to how and why tarot works so well.

WalesWoman

I don't know if I would use the word "truth"... it's relative I think. What I do think is that it tells us what we need to know at this particular time... not neccessarily what we want to hear at all.

I definately agree with Faery Godmother, that it is "reminding" us of something we know at a subconscious level and helps us recognize the "truth" and bring it to light.

I don't think it 'lies' any more than it tells us the 'truth'... it is simply how we perceive the cards and how well we can lie to ourselves that determine how accurate it is. })

I guess I should have marked that it is one of the infinite possibilities available... because it can offer us a view of different scenarios and probabilities. I don't think it's acting as a channel to ????.

I definately would have voted for...
I don't have a clue how it works and it doesn't bother me that I don't.

Free Flight

I voted that tarot tells one possibility out of an infinite number of possiblilties.

I believe the future is indeed a tricky thing to predict. For example: A querant can be told of one possible future only to use this information to change their path and thus create a whole alternative future.

I believe though for past spreads & court cards it just tells the truth

SunChariot

I should say that I found 2 exactly equally true. That Tarot always tells the truth and that it tells "tells one possibility out of an infinite number of possiblilties" The future it predicts is to me just that, one possibility ou of many, but that answer IS the current truth at the moment you asked the question. Whether or not it is still truth later on is debatable, but the answer is gives is always the current truth, as it exists at that moment, if nothing comes along to change it...

Bar

Emeraldgirl

I think that tarot tells the truth out of an infinate number of possibilities. Also that sometimes it can be waht you want to hear but that is beacuse it is hard to remain objective when reading for yourself or even really good friends.

Zephyros

I voted that it shows possibilities, but even that is simplifying. For me, Tarot is never about seeing into the future, or telling the truth. It is all about making me ask myself, or the querent, questions that we would usually not ask ourselves. Seeing new possibilities from a different perspective.

Which is not to say that there haven't been times when I was "right on the money" as far as fortelliing the future. But even that is misleading, since when I am right I always ask myself if the reading itself is not part of "fate" and the future happens because I have read it.

WolfSpirit

I voted "tarot shows one of the possibilities" and "Other", I also think it is something we often already knows in our subconscious (like FaeryGodmother said) but we may need tarot to bring it to the surface or make us see a not so very obvious solution (as closrapexa said).

And I also voted "I do not care if it works as long as I am having fun" because I would probably still love tarot if I did not do readings, I like studying and contemplating the system. "do not care" and "fun" make it sound more superficial than how I feel about it, but it sort of covers it.

memries

I voted other because I believe Tarot is such a deep subject when properly interpreted. I am not saying I am capable yet to do justice to readings. It has so many levels to understand. I think sometimes it is the subconscious and sometimes it is Spirit and sometimes who knows ? It depends on the time, the place and the querant and reader.