To encourage Femininity

BLFO

I was wondering if there are stones, herbs or essential oils that are known to encourage feminine behaviors?

I am sort of a tomboy female and just started taking bellydancing to get in touch of my feminine side. Being feminine at times is sort of uncomfortable since growing up I was Man and woman of the house. (meaning, I had no father around and I had to do "manly" things to help my mom around the house.)

I am just trying to find or encourage my girly, feminine sensual side.

Thanks!

TarotGirlJess

moonstone would be a good place to start. the colors pink and green are supposed to help with emotional balance.
rose quartz, for the emotional.
something totally NOn metaphisical would be. lip gloss. that's right lip gloss.
get some lip gloss every time you put it on you will feel more feminine. wear jewlery. little things like that will help you to feel more feminine, and when you feel that way you project that. paint your toenails. wear perfume. things don't even neccassarily have to be out where evryone see them. maybe pretty underthings will help.

I was basicly the same way, the little things that i did helped make me feel prettier more feminine. even though no one really knew but me. *I* knew and that made all the difference. I'm sure others have ideas.
Jess

BLFO

Well, I do do the makeup and perfume thing. It is sometimes it feels as if my outer self does not match up with the inner me. It feels like I am wearing a costume.

TemperanceAngel

Yes, definately moonstone. I always recommend this crystal to clients for this very reason :)

13thFaeChylde

I'm also thinking blue lace agate would be helpful.

Sophie

A rose or jasmine-based perfume. Very feminine. Try out a few for the one that suits you best. You can also use rose- or jasmine-based oils in the bath (expensive as pure essential oils, but affordable if bought in a mix). Putting a few drops of these oils in a spritzer & spraying your hair is also a lovely feminine touch.

In stones, moonstone & rose quartz have been mentioned, I'll add Botswana agate & the light-coloured (pale green or milk) jade. One stone that always works for me is rhodonite, because it is feminine but not fluffy - it is also grounding thanks to the black veins. Of course, any stone can be feminine when set in a beautiful necklace or pair of earrings!

wizzle

Pearls or mother or pearl (moon) are probably THE most feminine stone.

The green stones - sacred to Venus/Isis - I'm particularly partial to ruby in zoisite at the moment but emerald, green flourite, malachite, peridot, jade etc. are all wonderful choices as well.

The green stones are also wonderful for balancing the heart chakra, as is rose quartz.

As a long time astrologer, I associate the moon more with the nurturing/mothering facet of women. Venus is more the woman as lover and partner. In your situation I think this is a better choice because you were probably doing a lot of nurturing as you were growing up. But there is absolutely no reason you can't draw on both female energies.

TarotGirlJess

wearing a mask

ok *sigh* confession time. i was where you were 8-9 months ago. i didn't feel 'girly' not even a little. I took my birthday money and got some new clothes. mine were all 10 years old. All of them. after i had new clothes, i got into the makeup department. it doesn't matter that I don't wear it like war paint. just enough that i know it's there. I bought boots with HEELS 4 inch heels. I love these boots. i ended up getting more shoes with 4 inch heels. i wear them everyday. even when i'm just cleaning the house ( you can laugh if you wannna). I soaked my feet once a week and painted my toenails a hot pink color.. i felt very strange at first. it was like you said like wearing a mask.you know what? t's down the road and it feels normal to me. I feel more feminine. it has boosted my self confidence and I do not feel like i'm wearing a mask anymore. You'll grow into it. promise. It'll become normal to you and you won't feel wierd anymore. feel free to Pm me if you wannna talk more?

BLFO

Thanks for the helpful responses!

Nothing on herbs or herbal teas?

13thFaeChylde

I'm getting my info from a book called Good Magic by Marina Medici.

She says Mallow (Malva sylvestris) "softens your character. for a girl -- makes her softer and more feminine."

Jasmine -- " If you are a woman, it will put you in touch with your feminine sexual instincts, your desire to feel well in yourself and to look good and to enjoy this dance of the polarity of existence."

Blue Lace Agate -- the feeling of this stone is of the softest, most delicate energy. ...soft feminine type of girl.