Tarot shops in Houston, TX?

YogaSpider

Hi,

I am currently visiting Houston and wondered if any of you could show me the way were to find shops that sell Tarot Decks..?

I already found out that I will most likely succeed in an area called "Montrose"... is that correct?

Anyways, any info would help!
Hope there is somebody who can point me the way,
Thanks!

YogaSpider

Gigi

At the risk of enabling...

Hi YogaSpider! There aren't any tarot shops,per se in Houston, but you can find decks at the following locations:
The Magick Cauldron (713) 523-0079 - cool, metaphysical/Wiccan/pagan shop w/lots of goodies;
Body, Mind and Soul (713) 993-0550 - another cool spot w/lots of goodies and a pretty extensive deck selection. My significant other just gifted me w/the Internat'l Icon deck from there!
You can also find decks at any Borders or Barnes and Noble.
If you need any help while in the city, please feel free to call me. I PM'd you my cell ph#.
Blessings,
G.

PlatinumDove

Gigi, thank you so much for that list. Having had to move to Houston from new Orleans, I wasn't sure where the shops were, much less if there were any shops.

Yoga Spider, I haven't even heard of Montrose, is it outside of Houston?

YogaSpider

Gigi thank you so much for your kindness to hook us up with those shops! I am going to send you a PM...

PlatinumDove, Montrose is a neighbourhood in Houston. It is supposed to be a funky and hip area, where there are a lot of tattoo shops, where one can by incense, and hopefully where there's a Metaphysical shop or two...

It is only 10 minutes by car from Downtown and should be at the intersection of Montrose and Westheimer. I have been told that the vibe at Montrose is quite eaclectic...

YogaSpider

Annabelle

I don't live in Houston, but . . . if you guys have any Half-Price Books locations down there, that's another good place to check for tarot decks and books. Aside from used decks, they often carry various factory-sealed new decks that just weren't selling at retail prices elsewhere . . . for example, our local store in College Station has recently carried piles of the Merlin tarot, the Celtic tarot, the Lover's tarot, the Ship of Fools tarot, the Mythic tarot, and the Universe cards - all at very low prices.

And you just never know what you will find there . . . once upon a time, before I knew that the Hermetic tarot was valuable and sought after, I saw a new copy of it at Half-Price Books for about $15. In retrospect, I really really really wish I had bought it!

YogaSpider

Thanks Annabelle4, I will be looking out for Half-Price Books!

YogaSpider

Gigi

Regrets -- I've had a few

Annabelle4, I'm "in retrospect" with you -- before I knew what jewels they were, I saw the Kalevala and the PoMo decks at Half Price Books and I DID NOT BUY THEM. I can only hope I redeemed myself when I bought the Alchemical (brand new in a shrink-wrapped box) for $12.

G.

Asher

Thanks from me, too..

I'll be in Houston next weekend to catch the touring production of the Broadway musical "Wicked" (about the witches of OZ).

And I will be staying with a friend who should enjoy going to these shops with me, since he comes to my Tarot Circle when he is in town.

Asher

YogaSpider

Wicked is awesome...

Hey Asher,

Gigi told me The Magick Cauldron is located is right in the Montrose Area. It's located at 2424 Montrose, Houston, TX 77006.
Also It's located right next door to a really good greek restaurant (good = inexpensive and good food w/cheap red wine), Niko Niko's.

THANKS FOR THE HOOK-UP, GIGI!!!

Enjoy the show, it is awesome. I am not a broadway musical fan at all but this show I enjoyed very very much... did you know Carol Kane has a part in it (Latka's girlfriend in "Taxi")? And also David Garisson (that is the guy who from "Married with Children", he was Mr. Darcy, married to that neighbour Marcy).

Anyway, enjoy!

YogaSpider

Asher

YogaSpider said:
Hey Asher,

Enjoy the show, it is awesome. I am not a broadway musical fan at all but this show I enjoyed very very much... did you know Carol Kane has a part in it (Latka's girlfriend in "Taxi")? And also David Garisson (that is the guy who from "Married with Children", he was Mr. Darcy, married to that neighbour Marcy).

Hi YogaSpider,

Thanks for the great remarks about the show. I AM a Broadway musical fan, but more obsessed with OZ. I have been playing the CD for months, trying to figure out where and how to see the show. And my friend was able to score us tickets. I also like Carol Kane and David Garrison, so I know I will love the show (as well as the metaphysical shops, where I might find a new deck, too!) I'm even dressing as Elphaba for Halloween/Samhain!!!

Asher