PDA

View Full Version : Print feature in threads

tarotbear
27-10-2005, 03:52
Once upon a time, wasn't there a 'print feature' - a little printer icon at the bottom of a page that you could click on to print out a thread?

Lee
27-10-2005, 05:54
I think the only way now is to click on Thread Tools at the top, choose "Show Printable Version," then print that.

-- Lee :)

Alta
27-10-2005, 07:21
Agreed. 'Show Printable Version' is the only reasonable way to get a copy of a thread at this point.

Moongold
27-10-2005, 09:03
As described above is the best way to get a print out of the entire thread.

However I often highlight and "print selection" if I only want part of a thread.

Or highlight, copy and paste into a Word document if I want just the text, not all the extraneous bits. One gets quite expert at this.

Moongold

tarotbear
27-10-2005, 16:04
Shoot! :bugeyed:

Wish I had known that earlier! I started to print it out using the 'print' on my regular tool bar and it does work - but it only prints one AT page worth at a time, so AT page one was about 9 printed pages, page 2 about 8, ....

Rather than waste what I have already printed I will continue with what I have started, but thanks for the heads up! I had to figure out where 'thread tools' was! :bugeyed:

Emily
27-10-2005, 19:00
OOOhhh you learn something new everyday here lol - I've never noticed the 'Thread Tools' button but wondered where the little print page thingy had gone too. I tend to copy and paste things too.

Now I too can print out easier and quicker. :D