I was looking at your ideas of bags....

lilwinky

I have seen some people wrap their cards up in bandana scarves, but, would bags be less battered you think? I have tied up some of my cards, tight, in the past, so they can't really get hurt....what do you all think?

I was just interested in what you were saying about your ideas for the tarot...sounds like a nice idea for your cards.

lilwinky

Sulis

Hi Lilwinky,

I usually wrap my deck in a reading cloth which then goes inside a drawstring bag. All of my bags are lined (I make them myself) so the deck has plenty of padding.

I try to match the deck to the bag too.....

Love

Sulis xx

catlin

I always keep my reading decks in the box they came in plus a baggy and then again in a carved wooden box when I do readings at fairs etc. Love to have them well protected. I usually have at least 2 copies of the reading decks in case there might happen something to the cards.

Alta

I keep my decks in their original box if they had one. I also have some carved wooden boxes, a lovely flat paper filing drawer that works well as deck storage.

I have a number of lovely bags, all from members here, that protect the decks as well.

PlatinumDove

There are decks that I have that I've thrown away the boxes to (stupid me), but I have them wrapped up in large amount of cloth, so they never get any damage to them.

Grizabella

I keep mine in a spread cloth and the bag it came in if it's the one I'm reading with most at the time. The others are in bags without being wrapped in spread cloths and are in a wicker cabinet with my tarot books. With the exception of the pocket size Universal Waite and the Housewives, which are in their original very sturdy boxes.

Quizeen

I made a zipper-topped cloth bag for the deck I use the most and a green flannel reading cloth as well. The other deck(s) stay in their boxes. It might seem silly, but I love to read and feel good about the books I have, so I keep my decks and reading cloth on my bookshelf in order to keep vibes positive.

If you're worried about your deck getting damaged you could make a bag out of quilted material in order to provide a little extra padding. A rectangular, zip or button up bag will prevent pinching for drawstrings too.

Lillie

One thing that happened to me was that I made a bag for a deck, and then I put the cards in it without their box.

Well, it was quite a tight fit, but I thought it was OK, I thought it would keep the cards nice and snug, and stop them flapping about in there.

But (yes, there had to be a but!)
It ended up bending the whole deck. It now has a sort of diagonal bend which I cannot get out. Even though they are now back in their original box!
It's only slight, but it still annoys me.

So, cautionary tale.
Decks need a little bit of space!

BlueLeaf

I keep my Thoth deck in a small evening purse I got for Christmas. The Rider deck is kept in a pouch I crocheted myself (one of the only crocheted items I ever finished!). Other's like Songs For The Journey Home deck, I keep in the box because that box is so perfectly designed for the cards.

I have a wooden purse I carry several decks in when I go my pagan/Tarot group twice a month. It works wonderfully and is very unique.

being_chrysalis

I have all mine in their original boxes EXCEPT for my oldest and dearest (lost the box along the way)... and I keep it tied up in a silk scarf. I have high ambitions for a bag someday but for now, that's where they've been for ever so long.. as instructed by my beloved first-mentor ;)

b_c