Hunting tarot

catlin

Hi there,
I was wondering what is more fun for you: getting a deck or going on a hunt for it (e. g. trying to get a rare or oop deck)?

I found out that I have much more fun with deck hunting (although this can sometimes be very frustrating. I am still on the hunt for the "tarot for cats" and until now I still have not got this one).

What about you?

Guiding Cauldron

Tarots!!

I love hunting but definetly the getting of a new deck! Something finally in my hot lil hands that i can look over and see in full at my leisure :) Actualy today I just received the Tarot of Mermaids! I really connected with the Queen of Wands card. Its like I knew her :)

Anyhow the deck u r seeking the Tarot for Cats is in teh trade forum. Try looking at this link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49548
As far as I know this person still has the deck so good luck! :) Cheers!

Eco74

I'd say getting.. There are hours of excited discoveries awaiting after the initial opening of the package, and even more hours of future examinations of the decks.

Though a close second is finding a deck I feel drawn too, looking for scans, doing research to find out if I really do want it.. and eventually coming to a decision..

PlatinumDove

Definitely getting...after hunting for it! After taking so many hours of finding a deck I really really like, then being able to order it...there's nothing like the excitement of waiting for the package to arrive in the mail, and then opening it, scanning the cards, opening the book!

sharpchick

I'd have to vote for "getting" also. Although it is fun to compare prices, and the sense of anticipation of the deck arriving in the mailbox is exciting, it's a delight to actually take it out.

I reward myself for getting all my other little chores done before I actually open the cards. Everything that would be a distraction to getting to know the deck has to be out of the way and off my mind. Then I can devote the proper attention to the deck as I take it out of the box or wrapper and start looking at each individual card. . .

faunabay

sunshineluvr said:
Anyhow the deck u r seeking the Tarot for Cats is in teh trade forum. Try looking at this link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49548
As far as I know this person still has the deck so good luck! :) Cheers!

Yup! That's me. :) And it's still available. I didn't know you were looking for a copy catlin. Just let me know if you're interested right now or not. I know you're sending alot of stuff out to other people. It might be nice to get something yourself. :*

As for me the anticipation after the ordering is the best. I love going out and checking the mailbox each day wondering if the deck will be there or not until it finally gets here! I absolutely love the feeling of opening the mailbox and finding a package. :D

OakDragon

I'd vote for "Getting, after a hunt", too. It's alot of fun to have found a deck (either in a store or online) after a long hunt. This is one of the reasons I like eBay so much. It can take a while to find the deck you want, at a price you want, and then to actually win the auction, well... then the fun really begins! :) Of course, it's often disappointing, but disappointment is all part of the hunt. There wouldn't be a hunt without it!

WolfSpirit

I like hunting for a deck and checking every possible way. I now sort of have what I want so this makes me feel almost empty handed :( ;) I seem to have done quite some hunting these last months, I realise now.
For me, hunting should not take too long though; it gets frustrating, especially if the prices are only going up and I realise there will always be lots more people wanting the deck than there is supply (I only consider it a "hunt" if it is something rare and hard to find at an affordable price). Then I know I really should stop looking because I am not cold-blooded or patient enough to wait for years, and can better forget about it ~ but somehow it is then they end up in my lap anyway :D
I cannot get a rare deck (that I have been searching a lot for) on ebay, I just want to buy it and know it is mine, not wait a week till the end of the auction then see someone else snatch it away from under my nose. My way of hunting is looking for less obvious places to buy, like little shops and second hand sellers etc.

And yeah I like getting the deck too...although for me, a deck only shows its real value when I have had it for a little while. Getting the deck is the first acquaintance...and the relief that it has not gotten lost in the mail :D

Tabby

I'd have to say getting a new deck. So, far all of my decks have been brand new. And part of that is just being or feeling like a newbie in the tarot world. And just my general interests. To me a brand new deck is one that hasn't been handled by that many people or if any. So, it is like a brand new baby that you get to grow with.

Abrac

I used to really get into the hunt, then I started noticing the more I hunted the more frustrated I got when I couldn't find what I wanted. Now I have a take it or leave it attitude, like, it would be nice to find it, but if I don't that's okay, maybe something unexpected will show up that's just as good or maybe better.

fools fool