stories about death and question about psychic talent

cyan

we went on vacation and i did 2 readings. one for the wife of a friend of my husband's and one for another woman. the first went ok. i was sorry not to be able to give her the answer she wanted but was able to tell her she didn't need to think about giving up her quest.
the other... well, she wouldn't tell me what her question was and i didn't press it because i thought she'd just choose a nonsense question if she had to actually tell me a question. she hadn't ever encountered tarot before.
i don't know her very well as we live on oppisite coasts but she doesn't like her husband and he has a cronic and eventually fatal disease.
i can only remember a few of the cards because i didn't have a chance to write them down.
we were using Druidcraft and when the question card was laid down it was the king of cups.
i thought, oh crud, she wants to know how long he's going to live!
i had absoultly not expected anything like this but i was truely certain that was what she wanted to know.
the rest of the cards spoke of frusteration, anger, nostalgia, and advised learning to live with her situation and finding new ways to deal with it. the more i looked the more certain i was about the nature of her question.
the outcome card was the 5 of swords. i asked her which figure she identified with and she chose the defeated man. i advised her that finding different ways to deal with her problem could change defeat into victory.
i just felt that this was the way she needed the cards interperted. my goal was to give her info she could use and she isn't a person who thinks a lot.
i mean her creek's shallow enough so you can nearly always see the rocks under the water.
it was like walking through a minefield reading those cards without giving any hint that i believed i knew what her question was.
she seemed to take the whole thing to heart. she would point to cards and say she felt like that and she seemed satisfied, tho not happy afterwards.
this woman would have made fun of me if she hadn't felt the reading was accurate. that's why i asked her if i could read for her, as a test of my talent.
it was a relief to me that the cards didn't see the change that is death in the near future. i like the old boy even if he is difficult.

just before we left on our trip my friend came to visit me. i knew she had wanted me to read the cards for her but this time i really, really didn't want to do it so i kept her busy and there was no time for a reading.
after she had gone i was concerned about why i felt the way i did. i know it's not polite to look into the lives of others but i wondered if i had some problem i needed to address. i shuffled and drew a card. death. i drew the second card. 6 of swords.
i sat back and took a deep breath. well, i thought, at least it's not someone close to her right here.
the next day she called me and told me she had to fly east because she'd gotten a call; her sister was dying.
i know the death card nearly always means change but this time i knew it was actual death.
i really hope these situations don't come up constantly. they are a bit stressful.
ok, just between you, me and the bedpost, i'm a little bit psychic, or fay as my grannie would have said. it's not something i tell people because it has to do (mostly) with reading people and they wouldn't be comfortable with me if they knew how very well i know them.
my close friends are pretty sure i'm a bit uncanny but they don't make a big deal of it because they know it makes me uncomfortable.

now what i seem to be experiencing is an upsurge of my psychic talent since i got Druidcraft. it's as tho my talent finally found a tool it could work with and it's making life interesting, so to speak.
how common is this sort of thing and how do you handle it?

Kahlie

Dear Cyan,

I don't think it's that common. Only for us who are already displaying abilities before the Cards, and then end up using them more as a focus...

You already had the bad feeling "before" you had the cards come out.

Big Hug to You. I know how difficult it is to sense deaths...

You can read my Story here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49804

I ended it with a small example, and that was actually the "fuzziest" I have been, also because I'm sick right now. Just got out of the hospital after radio-active treatment. Normally my visions are much more clear.

Let me know if you have the same things I have described!

Kahlie

FaerieSage

It's not that common in the general population of tarot readers I imagine, but psychic abilities are very...they tend to lack the ability to focus into words. Tarot sometimes allows them to come into that focus.
I think your experiences are fairly common to the percentage of the population that is psychic, no matter the medium they choose.

I've not had the burden of predicting a death at this point. My main ability is in discovering hidden truths about the past or present. My mind doesn't care much for the future except as far as possibilities that we can change.

Kahlie

FaerieSage said:
I've not had the burden of predicting a death at this point. My main ability is in discovering hidden truths about the past or present. My mind doesn't care much for the future except as far as possibilities that we can change.

Would that I would have that... The burden of feeling a death before it happens is very heavy for me. Well, I don't know about mediumship/clearvoyaint/clearaudiant/psychic... From what I read in the paper of the advertisments, most of them are ... out of $$$ and not really into helping people. It's hard in the field to see who is "real" and who is "not".

Kahlie

Indigo Rose

cyan said:
how common is this sort of thing and how do you handle it?

I have had the gift of intuitive knowledge since I was a small child. In addition, I have had and continue to have prophetic dreams. I have also had waking premonitions that have come to pass. My first experience with Tarot was when I was 17. I was immediately drawn to the Tarot; this seemed to be the channel that I needed. However, due to religious pressure from family I was discouraged from exploring Tarot and any occult/psychic talents, as these things were looked at as having a "demonic" origin.

Of course I now know, as a mature adult, that these teachings were wrong. We were all given Psychic ability as a protective device for the spiritual battles in this life. However, we are systematically discouraged from experiencing this part of ourselves as we grow up. Just think how intuitive we were as children, naturally!

Tarot seems to unlock a gateway to psychic development; at least it has for me. In this way, it has just given me a focal point to open my mind and release my intuitive self.

What I am learning about handling this facet of self(the Intuitive or Psychic Self) is to claim it....not to deny it.....not to see it as something that makes me superior....BUT rather to see it as part of the complete and whole ME. Does that make sense?

Rather than block the inner High Priestess, I am learning to hear her more clearly. It is a hard journey sometimes, but so enlightening. The more I listen, the more I learn and the more capable I become of going to the next level of spiritual development.

I think using Psychic gifts to make profit can become spiritually dangerous, and one must be mature enough to know how to handle this lifetstyle. There are a lot charlatans out there and sadly too many people fall prey to them. Spiritually it all comes down the Golden Rule:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", from my faith perspective.

I think Karma has a role to play here, though this is something I am just beginning to explore.

One day at a time. Be encouraged because you have been given gifts. Learn to use them for the highest calling.

Blessings,
Indigo Rose :)

FaerieSage

Kahlie said:
Would that I would have that... The burden of feeling a death before it happens is very heavy for me. Well, I don't know about mediumship/clearvoyaint/clearaudiant/psychic... From what I read in the paper of the advertisments, most of them are ... out of $$$ and not really into helping people. It's hard in the field to see who is "real" and who is "not".

Kahlie

I feel for you.
I agree that most of the psychics advertised are out for money. Other than hoping you have good references to rely on, you end up almost needing to be a psychic to find a real psychic.