Tarot Download for Mac users!

le pendu

I downloaded it last week. What a great widget!!!! I use it almost everyday. Highly recommended.

robert

euripides

Its cool. I've got it, but i don't tend to use it much. I sometimes use it as a 'card of the day' type tool, to read the meaning of that card, but deliberately not viewing it as having any significance. I prefer to read with physically shuffled, handled and dealt cards. I wish I had a similar widget that I could put my own readings into and it would then interpret them for me! I'm getting a bit more intuitive but sometimes those LWB meanings are handy...

cheers
Euri

OakDragon

Thanks for pointing this out, Mimi. I'm going to try it. My favorites for when I use tarot programs are Tarot Magic (which is a commercial program) and the shareware, Daily Tarot, which can probably still be found online. It's an old program, but it still runs great in the Classic environment.

jmd

...looks like it's about time I replace my OS X from 10.3.9 to 10.4!

firemaiden

Oh jmd, I was just about to say exactly the same thing! but... can an ibook G3 handle 10.4?

OakDragon

firemaiden said:
Oh jmd, I was just about to say exactly the same thing! but... can an ibook G3 handle 10.4?

Yes, if you have at least 256 MB of RAM, 3 GB of free disk space, a DVD drive, and a firewire port... at least, according to the specs on Apple's website. I seem to recall, however, that while 10.4 is only sold in stores on DVD's, you can send the DVD's in to Apple and they will send you 10.4 on CD's for $20 shipping and handling. (I hope I am remembering that correctly.) Also, the OS does not need to use the firewire port per se, but only works on newer Macs which happen to have a firewire port, so that's one way of telling whether or not your Mac can run it. Personally, I'd recommend at least 512 MB of RAM, though.

full deck

I'm still hesitating. My work is fine with 10.3.9 but the recent upgrade in Tiger means that it is probably safe to upgrade now. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get it but I'm waiting until after December for it.

I still would rather visualize or work with real cards though.

euripides

Mac Ram

My iMac shipped with 256 meg Ram and it can be a little unstable. I was shocked, as I thought Macs weren't supposed to crash! Tiger is a huge OS, you need loads of Ram. I'll be plugging in some more as soon as I can.

I'd be dubious as to whether the old G3 could handle it. Honestly, there isn't much software for it out there right now, and certainly not freebies or cheapies. The widgets are cute but I don't use them as much as I thought I would.

The other problem is peripheral support. Having loads of trouble trying to install my old scanner and printer. The drivers are pitiful - they aren't going to waste resources writing a driver for an obsolete product, are they.

sorry, getting a bit off topic I guess...

Euri

lawguy51

My only comments are these:

Tiger

1 gb ram.

:)

Lawguy51

p.s. I'm working on a little card of the day widget for Pink Willow. Not as complex as this one..this one is very well done.