PDA

View Full Version : Someone use his stones when read tarot???

Daimayo
11-11-2005, 03:59
Well, I do it, but is a very personal option... when I read tarot always put in front of the deck my favourite quartz... maybe I believe that the quartz protects against the "evil" vibrations or something like that... When I'm in a place where I feel well, in my room for instance, I use 7 stones that I have: amethyst, cristal quartz, citrino (yellow quartz), the big quartz that I use often, aventurina (green quartz), pink quartz and green onix... I put them in a line in front of my deck... That is because I wish to have the IHVH's influence or help when a try to read my cards... an important detail is that I never try to see future... I always focus on present or past... I never try to see future to respect of my faith... how I say before, is a very personal option, and I really believe that the future only own to god (personal opinion... I respect all the points of view)... but do you know something???... It's working pretty well for me :D.

Anyone have something to share about stones and tarot???

Greetings...

Andrés Díaz V.

wizzle
11-11-2005, 04:16
I select a stone from my collection to use as a significator for the querant. I consider the color, size and shape of the stone in making my selection. If I'm doing a reading here on AT, I try to ask the querant about their preferences. Is there a stone or color they particularly like or dislike. Then I'll pick one that falls in line with the person's response. When the person can't say, I just go by intuition. If reading in person, I let the querant select his/her own stone.

Once the stone is selected, I put it near me as I'm shuffling and concentrate on the stone until I'm ready to deal out the cards.

So far it's worked pretty well and several times I've picked stones that are meaningful for the person I've read for. For example, I selected an iron pyrite heart and my querant had gravel in her driveway that had iron pyrite in it.

Emeraldgirl
11-11-2005, 10:03
I like having stones around me when I read. I have them on the table and usually give one out at the end of a reading to the client.

elviefae
11-11-2005, 19:55
Most of the time when I read tarot I have a few stones out. For me, I think it has to do with getting prepared to read for myself. I'll draw my favorites out and mentally its gearing me up for my reading. If I'm reading for someone else tho I either will leave out a clear quartz or just skip that. My other stones carry too much of my energy and I don't want it interferring with their reading.

sharpchick
12-11-2005, 00:25
There is a bowl of lovely crystals (quartz - clear and rose - malachite, hematite, agates, etc.,) on the table where I do my daily readings. I have selected crystals in the bags and boxes where my reading decks are stored.

Ametrine
12-11-2005, 02:26
I keep my tarot around crystals also. But in particular with some citrine to clear off any negitive energy and some labradorite to keep the passing energies from clinging to them.

I find this works really well.

Chronata
21-11-2005, 08:01
I have four quartz crystals that represent the four elements.
When I read for clients, and I have my multiple decks out on the table, I usually place one crystal on each deck.

They act as a nice paperweight on breezy days...and I usually decide which deck needs which energy on the day I read (hmmm...wanna make some money today...so the Earth crystal definitly goes on my Hanson Roberts!)

I also often have a bowl of mixed tumbled stones on the table, which I offer as a gift at the end of the reading. I can "read" whichever stone is picked as a talisman...and it's a nice way to solidly end a reading, especially if i have a waiting line.

And of course, I also almost always have my lithomancy stones to do a quick personality reading while the cards are being shuffled. :)
My favorite way to begin!

tieduptinkerbell
21-11-2005, 09:20
cavensite, aqua-aura and angelite

Bell

TheOld
21-11-2005, 10:52
and I really believe that the future only own to god

Theres stones and quartz all around my home so ....
and I'M ALL THAT, so the futur is also mine..

Power by Harmony
Omeada

mollykins74
24-11-2005, 01:21
I like to have clear quartze, amethist and rose quartze around me

Naudia
24-11-2005, 05:15
Hello everyone;

I have a clear phantom quartz massager that I have in my tarot bag with my cards. I use the polished quartz before and after I do any type of reading. I rub it up and down once on each side of the entire deck before I begin. After I read I am in the habit of arranging all the cards back in order. After they are seperated into five small piles I grab the Major Arcana and rub the crystal up and down each side. I do the same for each suit. I then pile the four suits together. I rub again the Major Arcana then the Minor Arcana. Piling all the cards together one last time I repeat the process. This has become so second nature to me that I can accomplish this in a matter of two to three minutes. I love the versatility of this particular stone.

May the Gods bless you and yours.

Naudia.

Ambience
07-01-2006, 10:11
I have black agate for protection of my cards, i also have white quartz geode for increased intuition I also have amerthist for helping my spiritual side connection with spirit world.

Just my personal preference...
Love *& Light, Janey xx

rash212
07-01-2006, 20:04
I always wear an amethyst bracelet or Lapis Lazuli bracelet and keep a bowl of mixed tumbles next to me while i do readings... My crystals protect me from any negative energy seeping around:)!!!

Minotauro
15-09-2011, 14:56
*evil thread necromancy*

I kinda use them for a spread wich is still very experimental
I basicly asign a meaning to each stone throw them ,and put the cards above each one :) thats the spread

Bhavana
25-09-2011, 13:38
I am not sure I believe in crystals as much as I just love looking at them - and like having them around. And, when reading for someone else, they add a nice touch to the atmosphere, especially a cluster in candlelight.

Minotauro
25-09-2011, 16:10
I am not sure I believe in crystals as much as I just love looking at them - and like having them around. And, when reading for someone else, they add a nice touch to the atmosphere, especially a cluster in candlelight.

I am not sure if they work , buit they could work I wouldnt use crystal healing over a doctor but still , I plan on using them as kind of an oracle asigning meanings to each one etc.

Bhavana
26-09-2011, 06:56
I am not sure if they work , buit they could work I wouldnt use crystal healing over a doctor but still , I plan on using them as kind of an oracle asigning meanings to each one etc.

well, I am no expert on crystals, or how they work, but it is a fact that they contain energy of some sort - what I don't understand is who, how, and when all the qualities and attributes, such as "helps with digestion" or "enhances psychic ability", were assigned to particular stones. I can understand the benefits of the colors of the stones, but the other things they do? That you gotta wonder about. But I do believe that people benefit from all sorts of non traditional therapies ALONG with their regular treatment from a doctor, not separate from it.

peaceandkarma
26-09-2011, 08:14
I had my Tarot read by someone a few years ago and he told me he kept an Amethyst Crystal with his cards.

Bhavana
26-09-2011, 10:16
I had my Tarot read by someone a few years ago and he told me he kept an Amethyst Crystal with his cards.

a lot of people do the same with clear quartz, or rose quartz...I suppose any protective or energizing stone would work fine!

peaceandkarma
27-09-2011, 09:14
a lot of people do the same with clear quartz, or rose quartz...I suppose any protective or energizing stone would work fine!

He said he used the crystal for protection. I had the reading taped which was good.