advice needed

brujablanca

I respect the vast amount of insight and experince on this Forum. I still consider myself a novice read, so I need all the help I can get.

I was wondering how you deal with being too close to the subject. There have been times of turmoil when I need guidance from the cards, yet the subject matter is too close to my heart. It seems when I throw a spread, either I am not seeing the whole picture or I can't see the whole picture. Case in point, my daughter is going through a very rough time in her life; I would love a bit of insight as to where this situation is going. Yet, when I try and throw a spread, I sometimes feel as if I am having a panic attack.

I would appreciate any advice out there.

Blessings to all,

Bruja

Abigail

Abigail

Just a thought;Sometimes when its something that touches our hearts and souls, fear gets in the way, at those times its can good idea to get either someone else that is a reader to read with you, so its an interactive reading and you can see a clearer picture or get someone else to do a reading for you. Prob best getting someone that uses a different medium to Tarot so your not self reading and analysing while they are reading for you, so your attention is on what they are actually saying rather than what you are seeing. When it comes to our children, the love we feel for them and the fears we have for them, does make reading so much harder as they are part of us. I only say this as a mother of children that mean more to me than life itself and to be able to step back from them and whats going on in their lives i just cant do, they are life to me.

Milfoil

brujablanca said:
It seems when I throw a spread, either I am not seeing the whole picture or I can't see the whole picture. Case in point, my daughter is going through a very rough time in her life; I would love a bit of insight as to where this situation is going. Yet, when I try and throw a spread, I sometimes feel as if I am having a panic attack.

I would appreciate any advice out there.

Blessings to all,

Bruja

Bruja - this may be very significant. By reading for your daughter you are perhaps asking too comlex a question. Try doing a reading for youself and asking a simple question such as "how can I help her"?

Oddly enough, anxiety feelings, I have learned, tell me (personally) that spirit is present (wish they could have picked another way to announce their presence!!) so could be significant!!!

LadyMedusa

You are far from alone

Many of the "seasoned readers" here will tell you it's a common problem.

Somethings I try to get a little perspective

Change the form of your question ... try "What am I overlooking? or How can I help?" Questions like these will help you to get away from what you hope to see and help you be more objective.

Ask your question, lay your spread, and without looking walk away from it for a few minutes. When you come back try to see it as reading for someone else. Use the pronoun her/him instead of the actual name of the person. This will sometimes give you a little distance.

If you have enough posts, make use of the "Your Readings" forum. We have quite a few folks here who can and will add some insight.

Have someone else read for you either here thru the "Exchange" , one of the paid readers, or someone outside of AT.

Last of all keep in mind that sometimes the universe will not give us the answers we seek. It may sending you the message to "Stay Out Of It",
sometimes as had as it can be for a Mother, our only role in the situation is to just be there with a big box of tissues and the comfort of a mothers embrace.

LadyMedusa

SunChariot

I think this depends on how you think of Tarot, and what you think it is. To me Tarot is a tool to help me, and when I do a reading I have faith that the answers the universe sends me are there to show me the best possible way to heal the situation.

Tarot is not something scary to me. It is a tool to heal what is scary in my life. It is not there to indicate problems, it is there to solve them. And I trust when I ask for advice on how to solve a problem that is exactly what I will get. Maybe this comes from experience, but this is what I have always gotten and what I know I will get each time. Partly experience I guess, partly faith. You do need to have faith in the process, not that I can give you that.

My advice for now is, don't ask what the problem is, as you likely know already and you will likely get a "scary" answer. Ask instead how you can help your daughter to live her happiest, most fulfilled life" and that is the answer you will get, and you can follow that advice and get to work on helping her to do that.

And remember too, that even if you did ask where her life is going, it does not have to be scary. Because the future as the cards predict it is not written in stone. Most of the time, it is still very "fluid" and can be changed. If you ask what her future is and it is unpleasant, remember that this does not necessarily mean that is destined to be her future.

Your next step could be to ask what you can do to change that future. And then you follow the advice, and ask again what her future is, and very very likely you will see it has changed.

That to me is why I am not frightened to see the answer to any question, and I read mainly for myself. Because I know whatever it says, no matter what, is not THE future. It is just one possible future and can be changed. The asnwer is only the future you will have if you do nothing to change it. And there is much you can do between now and the future. And knowing what you can do to change it is an invaluable tool. It gives you much more control of any situation, and is part of what I love most about Tarot.

Hope this helps,

Bar

brujablanca

I want to say thank you for the great words of wisdom I have received.

You are an amazing group of people. You have given me some great advice.

Blessings to all,

Bruja

MercyMe

Objectivity can be really difficult when the subject is so close to your heart. If I don't have anyone to read for me, I will do very simple readings, 1-3 cards only, and slow down and very, very calmly allow the cards to "speak." Sometimes I pretend I'm reading for someone else. I also tend to ask for specific clarification so I'm sure I'm getting the correct interpretation. But mainly I find I need to calm down and breathe, and not fear what the cards tell me.