Can Someone Else's Energy Affect My Readings?

TarotTy

For the past two days, its seems like every time I decide to do a daily reading for myself, my brother and his girlfriend get into an argument. Then I start flipping over cards and they all refer to him or his girlfriend. I've drawn the Knight of Cups (reversed), the King of Cups (reversed), The Queen of Swords (reversed) and the Queen of Wands (reversed). Could it be that their negative energy is flowing into my cards? Is my positive energy not strong enough or am I not concentrating enough? I am getting really frustrated. I don't have time to do readings elsewhere. I have to get them done before I leave the house for the day.

Alta

Their negative energy is flowing into you, that's for sure. And you are one handling the cards. You cannot help but be affected by what is happening near you (okay, some can shield themselves but not many can do that well)

Dolphin_Dreamer

I agree with Marion... Isn't the point of a daily reading to give you an idea of what's going on around you? Basically what's affecting you (possibly the strongest energies that are flying around you)? Maybe part of the point is that you either need to deal with what's going on around you and YOU are a participant whether you realize it or not.

While Positive energy is strong, I think what your cards might be trying to point out is that maybe you should take a more honest look at what you are believing. Not that it's wrong, but rather we are still all human and maybe you need to investigate your vulnerabilites, family being one of them, and why.

Alternatively, sometimes the cards point to things outside of ourselves (maybe you need to help others rather than focusing on yourself) in order to improve ourselves and our lives.... What will truly make us happy...

Almost by osmosis, we take on the personalities of others, others negatives effect us and thus causing vulnerabilities in our positive energy.

lad

Personally, I think that bad energy doesn't flow into your cards; it flows into you. But in this case, I think they are simply reflecting the happenings of your life right now. I don't think you have an energy problem in this particular situation, but if you did, you personally can shake it off mentally or use some sort of ritual to cancel it (I find it's pretty much the same and that rituals only help to do the work we could do mentally). So hope it helps!

lad

thinbuddha

Seems to me that this is all psychological. Your mind is on them, so you are interpreting how the cards relate to them. Focus on your true question, and the same cards will speak to those questions rather than what you have been forced to focus on.

TarotTy

Thanx!

Thanx for the replies everyone. I have tried to help my brother in his never ending battles with the mother of his children but he doesn't listen to me. I did a few reading for him and although he knows that their relationship is doomed (it was doomed from the start), he continues to be with her. I'm really just trying to focus on myself for a change. I'm 25 years old and after years of trying to answer everyone else's questions, I just want to answer some of my own. I guess the next time they have an argument, I will just have to focus harder on my own questions.

tarotbear

Have you ever walked into a room and sensed that something 'bad' recently happened there? Even though there is no one in the room? You are picking up on the traces of energy left behind by someone else.

You sit down to have a quiet read for yourself and suddenly two people are arguing and screaming at each other - sure to affect you and the energy around you, even if you try to ignore them. Hatred and negativity are very strong energies.

Nevada

I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you think they're aware how their arguing affects you? Depending on your situation, maybe you could tactfully let them know that if they're getting into it they need to take it somewhere private? Of course you would want to approach them when they're not in the middle of it, when they're in more peaceful moods. But they're not considering your needs, if this is always happening.

I know this is easier asked than done. When we're angry we tend to shut out everything but the anger, and can forget others are even there.

Or you could try a kind of shielding ritual---or simply wait a little bit to do your reading.

In any case, my heart goes out to you. That's a tough, uncomfortable situation.

Nevada

Abrac

There's no question there will always be others who try to yank your chain and manipulate you; that's just a fact of life we have no control over. But it's your response that determines the course your life will take. If you react by getting emotionally upset every time someone else decides it's time for you to be upset, then sure, your readings will be indirectly affected by those people.

It sounds like a fairly unpleasant situation to be in. Hopefully things will improve for the better soon. :)

ff