Online Tarot Reading

osami2717

I found a website, while Gooigling, www.facade.com where you can have tarot, rune, I Ching, etc. readings for free.

I've never had an online reading before, or any kind of long distance reading of any kind. I was wondering...can a computer generated program be as accurate as a reading done by myself or another human?

I might be tempted to give it a try occassionally. Sometimes at my mom's or sisters I'll get the urge to do a spread and since I don't have a pack of traveling cards I have to wait until I get home. Often the urges fades or I forget. But...since they both have computers, I could hop online and do a quick reading.

This has me thinking...maybe I should do an experiment.

If anyone has any info. I'd be much obliged.
Thanks *^_^*

Sulis

I've never had an online reading before, or any kind of long distance reading of any kind. I was wondering...can a computer generated program be as accurate as a reading done by myself or another human?
I would say no - a computer generated reading cannot be as accurate as a reading done by another human being.
I think this because a computer is going to have a list of set card meanings programmed into it - a human being will related each card and position to your particular situation or to the question you've asked. The card meanings and the position meanings won't be static. A human being will use their intuition when reading, a computer can't do that.

Having said that, a reading by another human being can be done over the internet, by e-mail or on a forum such as this one for example.
I do readings by e-mail from my website and in the Reading Exchange here.
I've had some wonderful readings here from people across on the other side of the world.

I think there needs to be a human factor though - computerised readings may be ok superficially but I think you need a real reader to get any depth.

If the readings are free though it's not going to hurt you in any way to try.....
Love Sulis xx

NightVision

I remember reading - can't quite remember where, sorry - that some scientists had tested the ability of humans to influence a random number generator just by the power of mind, and they were quite taken aback by the results: after statistical analysis the experiment appeared to show that machines CAN be influenced by human will. If this were true, then the computer tarot program is already connected to your will (the question you ask, I suppose) and will therefore give you a relevant result.

Also, a lesson from Star Wars! Some people believe quite literally in 'The Force' that binds all living things together. If one extended this idea further, to include inanimate objects, then everything should be operating on the same 'wavelength' meaning the influences, whate'er they be, that make for an accurate Tarot reading could be expressed via a machine as easily as by a human. Random may not be random.

rash212

Sometimes when i am at work and of course my cards arent with me... and when i need a reading for myself.. i use the site below... i find it very accurate!!

www.freetarot.com

MeeWah

I see the electronic medium as represented by the internet & the telephone as a perfect medium or energy conductor for readings.

Online readings or readings at a distance can produce viable results, as evidenced by those types of readings including the e-mail readings & those in the Aeclectic Tarot reading forums. Most of my readings are via e-mail.

Though the computerized reading may lack a human touch, the resultant card or cards can still give a pertinent message. The few occasions I have used a computer-generated reading or an online site have been quite thought-provocative & illuminating:

www.tarot.com

www.gaiantarot.com

www.facade.com

The last site also provides effective I Ching readings.

Amhran

It can work just as well....

I firmly beleive that if you take a breath, center yourself, and hold the question/situation in your mind before you click on your cards that an online reading will work just as well as a reading with "hard copy" tarot cards.

But I often disregard the pre-programmed explanations of the cards and just read them as I would my own cards.

Once in a while, the pre-programmed explanations are right on target and then it seems to have become a tarot reading and oracle reading all in one. That doesn't happen very often though.

Amhran

one other thing...

....I almost forgot; I tend to avoid the online readings which only use the major arcana. A reading with all majors tends to make everything seeem hugely important, and I tend to over dramatize situations enough as it is.

So when I do an online reading which utilizes the full deck and a major arcana card comes up, it retains its importance.

Crystelle

I've done the same pull online and in cards...

I did a reading at work and silly me thought (well mostly because it was distressing and I didn't want to listen) that the reading was incorrect because it was online generated. I think there were two cards that were different out of a 7 card spread with "the real thing".

It was apparent I was meant to shut up and listen!
I also believe in the interconnectivity of the universe and our place in the energies of the world so I suppose that helps!

Crystelle