Tarot Bags

Azarial

Anyone else spend so much time getting different tarot decks, you realize you have no tarot bags for them? Ten decks later I noticed I dont have any tarot bags, all I have been using is rubber bands to keep my cards together. So I think I'm gonna lay off getting more decks for a while until I get some tarot bags to hold the ones I have!

~Azarial~

CandyApple

LOL..yeah I know what you mean. I crochet my tarot bags. The bad thing is when I get a new deck and all I have is ugly yarn. Nothing worse to me than a new deck and an ugly tarot bag.

Annabelle

LOL . . . I think I know exactly how you feel! Several months back I realized that I had decks just sitting loose all over my bookshelves and no bags to put them in, but I got lucky and was able to buy a large number of bags from someone through the Tarot Trading forum. It never fails to surprise me how many decks don't come boxed . . . or come with boxes that fall apart right away . . . or come in the older-style Llewellyn sets that were all packaged with those horrible-oversized-cardboard-boxes-that-aren't-any-use-at-all! (Yes, I typed that all in one breath :D)

On a more serious note, though, if you are really stuck for bags, try the bargain table in your local fabric store. Pick up some odds and ends of fabric for cheap, and use them to wrap your decks in until you get around to sewing bags. And if you don't have a sewing machine, hand-sewing unlined, single drawstring bags is actually pretty quick and easy - and in fact, those bags can look just as good as machine-sewn ones. (I have a machine, but it needs a small repair at the moment so I haven't used it lately.)

Also . . . if you are really in need of a lot of bags for very little money, you can buy bags in bulk from wholesalers who sell bags, boxes, etc. online. Sheer organza bags are amazingly cheap by wholesale, and velvet bags really aren't that much by wholesale, either.

a_shikhs

hehehe.... i guess all of us here face the same problem here. when im short of a tarot bag, i wrap the cards in cloth till they dont get their bags.
my bags are made of satin or cotton cloth with a decorative lace in order to close it. and the bag is decorated according to the theme of the cards.

Sulis

I make my own tarot bags, I like to match the decks up to the different fabrics.
Take a look at my website for the bags I make :)

Love Sulis xx

catlin

Most of my tarot baggies are either from fellow anetties or from LoScarabeo (the black and red one with the pentacle matches so well with the Vargo Tarot!!!) or I sometimes find nice ones when I go shopping without intending to look for baggies.

WolfSpirit

I like making tarot bags and I like matching the bag for the deck; I have crocheted a lot, but also bought fabrics with patterns I particularly liked to make bags, and I bought some bags ready-made because they were just so fitting for a deck I *could* not resist. Even most decks that come in their own box often get a matching bag as well.

catlin ~ I have no idea what anetties are :confused:

Emeraldgirl

I can't sew so miy decks are in organza or satin or velvet bags that like Annabelle4 said are available at wholesalers and discount stores really cheaply ($2.00 for 10) I will learn someday how to sew but until then they go in the cheapy bages :)

tieduptinkerbell

try silk scarves

Annabelle4 said:
On a more serious note, though, if you are really stuck for bags, try the bargain table in your local fabric store. Pick up some odds and ends of fabric for cheap, and use them to wrap your decks in until you get around to sewing bags. And if you don't have a sewing machine, hand-sewing unlined, single drawstring bags is actually pretty quick and easy - and in fact, those bags can look just as good as machine-sewn ones. (I have a machine, but it needs a small repair at the moment so I haven't used it lately)

When I bought my Tarot De Paris it was in one of those oversized boxes with the book etc. And I was thinking...man I am going to have another one that doesn't have a box or bag. Then...lo and behold...inside is included a beautiful silk scarf with the same theme as the card backs. Its about 1.5x1.5 ft. maybe 2x2...anyway...i ended up tying the cards into the scarf...and its beautiful. So...go to a value village or a army and navy...or a flea market and look for new or used scarves...and after cleaning(spiritually and physically) wrap you exta decks in them. They are neat and pretty and probably cheaper than a bejewelled bag, but because they are silk, they look like you spent lots of money on them...but more than that...your cards are lying in silk...smiles.

hugs
x

Elven

I love bags (and boxes) to put my cards and bits and pieces in - but its such a pain to drag the sewing machine out!! Im lazy yes!!

But lately I've been inspired to buy some beautiful material and and start 'thinking' about doing up some bags!

Some of my cards have been wrapped in the silk material I bought years ago, so I REALLY need to start on this.

I look around for boxes at markets and then put the cards wrapped or bagged into the box as well. This way Im able to stack them easier, and they look great sitting around the house on bookcases and shelves.

Blessings
Elven x