Where do you store your decks?

HearthCricket

I know there was a similar thread, recently, but I thought I would ask again, with hopes of even more replies and maybe more photo sharings! Where do you keep your decks? Mine are presently in this trunk, in my bedroom, but I hope to move it into the library, after the holidays, for easier access!

tmgrl2

I recently bought at Staples...those stacked, little plastic drawer sets...

Each one has four drawers, so I can pull out and access decks easily. They all sit on a bookshelf with a few decks on top for display. They are surrounded by my albums with decks for study and by books on Tarot.

Most of them are in bags, some still in boxes.

I wasn't crazy about plastic at first, but I ruined a deck I put in a lovely wood box I bought at the metaphysical shop....the colors turned dard from something in the wood.

terri

tarobones

zipped

I know it doesn't sound romantic or anything, but I cannot afford to buy that many bags or boxes. So what I do is get the medium sized large sandwich bag ziploc plastic bags. I push out all the air and zip it shut. Keeps the decks in great shape. BB, Michael

Nevada

I use one of those acid-free memory boxes, a large one I found at the Hallmark store. It's decorated with birds and birdhouses. I keep it on a bookshelf in my bedroom. Most of my decks fit inside that, in their original boxes.

The few I read with regularly are more scattered, usually left where I last used them, or nearby, their original boxes flattened in a drawer along with a stack of LWBs, because those boxes done wore out. Of those favorites, a few have bags that I knitted.

My Thoth (most used) is loose and travels around the house a lot. It hasn't been confined to a box, bag, or anything else in years.

Nevada

Cerulean

My reading decks are rotated with zipped bags...

...I keep my eye out for small purse or cosmetic bags in fabric that can be had for three-to-ten dollars...about eight years of looking and careful purchases have yielded at least six that rotate decks in bookbags.

Otherwise, plastic and cardboard storage containers on shelves.

Regards,

Cerulean

HearthCricket

Gregory-may I come over and play? :D

Dwaas

Gregory and I share the same system. My ten decks and some oracles do perfectly fit in one small drawer :D :D
Blessings

Sunburst

I keep mine in their boxes displayed on a shelf in my home office. The ones that "travel" with me live in a bag, or sometimes I put them in those soft-sided zippered CD cases (the ones that hold about 12 -20 CDs).

Sunburst

a_shikhs

Gregory,
you surely do have a hell lot of a collection.. How i envy you :)))

I hardly have around 5 decks. As of now, i have put all of them in tarot bags and they all lie together in a beautifully made cane basket with soft toys.. they look so cute in there.. lol....