My first book!!

trinityangel

Hey all,

Well, I just bought my first proper tarot book on E-bay, the mythic tarot which is the deck i have, it cost me £4 and as I am a broke bunny this is amazing. had to share this as I'm too excited not too, waiting in anticipation to get it and not put it down!!!!!

Wonder if this will be the start to the collecting obsession a lot of you guys seem to have :-D , the where do you keep your decks spread is crazy!

*peace, love, harmony*

Emily

Hi Trinityangel,

I have the Mythic deck and book - its well worth £4. It really goes into detail with the stories that are pictured on the individual cards and not just the Majors either the Minors are just as detailed. And I think it helps with the Mythic to know the story of the cards.

It's also got a very nicely explained CC spread in the back of the book. :)

Dwaas

Hi trinityangel,

I don't have the deck and the book but it is so nice to see you are so happy with it! :)
Have fun with the book and deck!
Blessings

trinityangel

Hello, thanks Dwaas, yes i'm really looking forward to reading and learning.

Emily, I really can't wait to learn all about the greek myths and gods, think it will really help with the deck, It's such a beatiful deck, the star and temperance are my favourites.

*peace, love, harmony*

MeeWah

trinityangel: I have the Mythic Tarot deck & book set & recommend highly!

Though the book not necessary to use the deck, the book is a distinct asset to the deck as it provides the background on each card & also a lot of the mythology. Offers the means for additional insights in readings with the deck.

Daizdy

The Mythic Tarot deck/book was my first and I love it! :D It's very psychologically indepth, I still use it. So glad you found it! :D

mythos

I bought the Mythic deck and Book set some years ago, and although it rarely comes out now, it helped me understand the process through the minors as well as the majors, and begin to grasp the court cards. I love it, and the myths. I am so happy for you. You have heaps of enjoyment, pleasure and learning ahead of you.

mythos:)

aja

Agreeing wholeheartedly!

This is a very nice deck for you to start with. The book really is wonderful as it really does offer good explainations of the concepts of the cards AND these function as a "jumping off" point for furter exploration.

(btw, there's a somewhat functioning Mythic Tarot study group that you might be interested in joining.....perhaps I'll see about posting a card and seeing if we can get that started back up again)

Enjoy your new deck!
aja

Emeraldgirl

Congratulations. The Mythic tarot and the book are a great way to learn. The association with myths can open up whole new insights to the cards.

raeanne

Hi Trinityangel,
I'm glad you got the book to go with your Mythic deck. I have this set and I really enjoy using it. The only problem I had was with the quality of the book binding. This book was falling apart before I finished reading the first chapter. I hope your book stays together but if it doesn't, don't blame yourself because it is very bad quality of binding. Enjoy!