Astrology and natural cycles

Butterfly

I've been reading Alan Okens complete Astrology, and some of the concepts in it just blow me away! I'm sure it's things I've heard millions of times, but something is clicking this time. I love his perspective on astrology- that it is translating the natural laws of the universe down to the individual.
He has a lovely nature based philosophy that just makes astrology and all of it's systems seem so natural. so logical. the way the signs correspond so well to the natural energies of each month, how the seasons correspond, how each of the elements behave on earth and their natural characteristics. It's not like you are learning astrology, but rather remembering how nature works, and applying it.
It never occurred to me that astrology was such an earth based, natural system. It always seemed a rational/intellectual system about all of those planets "out there".
LOL, am I making any sense or am I just in an astrology induced haze?

lunalafey

another one for the library

That sounds like a good one and one I can relate to from the nature perspective. I will definately need to get this one...can I have a taste? what part gave you the biggest wow?

Minderwiz

I can definitely reccomend this book - its one of two or three that I most used when I did my Diploma in Astrology. He has also written a number of other books as well but at a little more advanced level.

His Houses of the Horoscope is a very useful book for beginning to learn about houses their relations to signs and planets and the rulerships that are attributed to them.

Best wishes

Minderwiz

lunalafey

who's the publisher?

Minderwiz

My edition is published by Bantam Trade Paperbacks and has a $US price of $18.95 or £GBR 15.90

Minderwiz

Razz

astrology

Wow that sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing that!

It almost sounds interwoven elements and mankind and nature.

Sounds very interesting.

Razz