Saturn Return

retiredguy

Dear Enchanted,

It's interesting you mentioned that you are 29 and a lot of things
happened in your life. At the age of 29 is where you usually experiece
your first Saturn Return (if you are into astrology).

[Edited by Moderator to add:

This thread originally intended as a reply to Enchanted's post #7 in Using Tarot Cards: living the tarot

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=51041&page=1&pp=10

As it is now an astrology-related discussion by reason of the responses, this reply/thread will remain in Astrology but linked to the original thread for context.

~MeeWah
Senior Moderator]

QueenofWands2

What is Saturn return?

dadsnook2000

Saturn Return?

Every 29 years or so the planet Saturn completes its cycle around the Sun. In astrology, Saturn represents limitations, self-disciplin, maturity, challenges and learning lessons. At/around Saturn's return to where it was in your natal chart, one experiences an awareness of life, of the need to have and pursue goals, to move ahead with a plan, to recognize the need for structure and how to use it.

Around the age of 42 or 43, Saturn has completed an extra half-orbit and is opposite where it was at birth. Here, we take stock of what we have done, where we are going. We realize that we are changing and that what needed to be done may not have been done. It is at this time that many of us have what is called a second childhood -- we engage in affairs, take a last fling at enjoying our teen-age years (even though we are now well past that age), and try to ignore the fact that we and our lives have changed. Its a scarey time for many -- mostly because we haven't met the challenges of our 29 year's wake-up call. That's Saturn. Dave

QueenofWands2

Thanks! I was just wondering.

One Armed Scissor

29 years? Maturing? Saturn? Wow, that's why No Doubt's 4th record was named Return to Saturn!! That's when they stoped sounding Ska and sounded like Blondie and their songs where all about how she wanted to settle down but guys never seem to want to. Wow the title makes that much more sense now. I love this message board!

star-lover

my saturn return at 28/29 coincided with 2 major events in my life

buying a house with my brother - was pressured into it by my dad
was good investment after all these years but at the time i was not in control and didnt like others pushing me - was only 2 years after a divorce and living with parents again

the other thing was i started a new job with a pharmaceutical company - i was very intense/had a lot of integrity in those days and one day was collecting for greenpeace in my spare time - what happened was one of the employees turned up and put money in the box was fair enough
but since that moment i went back to work the demons started in my mind - pharmaceutical or ethical/environment/non animal experiments etc

that demon stayed with me for years and was the trigger for depression and so much negative stuff

i wish i never went to work for them - i remember saying ok i will but was very reluctant because i needed the job to get my mortgage for the house i was buying

ever since i was cemented into that decision all hell broke lose - all my fears came out - my ancestors problems plagued me - it was horrible - had visions of past wars and wrong doings and all sorts and me was caught in the middle between loyalty to my family/heritage and this nasty boss who was on the opposite side

i wouldnt wish that on anyone

guess that says to me that yes saturn can be the father influence in a chart
certainly was mine though he was doing best for me as he thought fit

thats my story

sorry its jumbled
guess i need therapy rolly eyes

anyhow that house purchase netted me 100 thousand pounds after all the years so made good i expect

dadsnook2000

The solution is in the problem

star-lover, the solution is supposed to be part of the problem -- so they say.

I don't want to be glib, but those, or any problems, that haunt us typically can only be solved by facing them. But what direction to look in? May I ask if there was another planet conjunct Saturn at birth or at the time you had your Saturn Return, or possible a tight/significant aspect in the mix? These planets that might be associated with Saturn could point to a solution for you.

Even though much time has passed, the solution to your problem or the reasons behind it, or problems attached to it might be able to provide some relief, even at this point. If you want to persue this, I will attempt to help in some way. Dave

star-lover

thanks dave i will check astro.com for that time transits etc and post tomorrow x

Alta

I just checked my horoscope program. Apparently I will have a saturn return on about July 18th, next summer. I'll be 57 so I guess that is my 4th (?) Saturn return.

Not sure what that may mean, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Sunburst

Marion said:
I just checked my horoscope program. Apparently I will have a saturn return on about July 18th, next summer. I'll be 57 so I guess that is my 4th (?) Saturn return.

Not sure what that may mean, I guess I'll have to wait and see.
This will be your second Saturn return. It's a time of change, but how much change depends on how you're feeling about your life. If you've been doing what you think you should be doing (as opposed to what others want you to be doing), it doesn't have such a dramatic impact.

You may find that this year, preceding the Saturn return, is particularly "busy." You're structuring your life, sometimes having a "now or never" feeling. Saturn returns aren't always difficult. If you're on the right path, it's a time of solidification of the things you have been working towards.

Sunburst :)