Majors only?

orczy

Hiya folks.

I have using the tarot for over 10 years now, and for the last 6 or so, I have been using only the 22 majors.

Does anyone else here only use the majors?

Cheers
Chris

Zephyros

I find it very interesting sometimes to use only the Majors, since it is kind if different than reading with the whole deck. A new look, as it were. What is the reson that you have gone only to Majors? Do you buy new decks and then separate the Majors from the minors, and then the poor little Minors just sit there gathering dust?:)

rash212

I do know a few people who use majors only for readings, but for me personally i feel its the entire deck that makes up for a persons life, majors would indicate just those major events that would prop-up into the life of a querrent but what about the other monir stuff? Minors are important in a way cause sometimes even a monir event in a person's life could be of utmost important!
Not that reading with only majors would be wrong, but then minors would add up more into the life of the querrent!! I personally feel minors help us to give more meaning to the reading!

Umbrae

Quite often I use majors only decks. Smaller spreads. To the point. Sometimes, 78 cards is just 56 too many.

orczy

closrapexa said:
What is the reson that you have gone only to Majors? Do you buy new decks and then separate the Majors from the minors, and then the poor little Minors just sit there gathering dust?:)

Hahaha!
Very funny. The idea of Waite's Court Cards becoming bored and maybe escaping from my cabinet through non-use does make me laugh.

The reason I started using the majors only was after reading a couple of texts that implied that the 2 parts weren't created for the same purpose or at the same time. I had always felt a very strong divide between the two, and I suppose the texts just confirmed my inner doubts. At the same time I started creating my own spread which uses all 22 majors, and since I have had good results with this layout, I just left the court and pips in the box.

Cheers
Chris

Goaty's girl

Majors

Hi Chris
i often use just majors if i think a stronger message is needed, I also have a deck that is only majors and find this very very accurate ! at least i dont have to leave my minors getting up to no good in there box... LOL

where abouts in this beautiful country do you hail??
GG

Citrin

I received a very good reading once from a member here, using only majors, so I definitely think it's "possible", for lack of better words.

I don't think I'd want to do it myself though. In contrast to you, I've always felt that the two "parts" of the deck belong very much together! I've never made such a big deal out of majors in my readings, though I of course notice them... I find the minors very useful. Maybe because my readings often revolve around everyday life.

TheOld

Like you i only use the 22 majors in all my reading, and when i want minor info i just put 2 majors together and see the result as a minor.
i got a book that show that every minor is a combinaison of 2 or 3 majors that had been translate as a picture in a minor card.

22 Majors is more than enough, i got an infinite numbers of answers for them and it's as precise as any minor reading !

Power by Harmony
Omeada

sharpchick

I've used just majors when doing spiritual readings for myself.

Alta

I have used Majors only many times and have always found the results very sharp and clear. I just use them when I feel moved to do so, for me no more complicated than that.
Generally though I will use a Majors-only deck, and have never separated out the majors from a 78 card deck.