This Was Different!

Apollonia

So yesterday I was sitting at my table in the shop where I read. It's set up in a small gallery section of the store, so people often come in there just to look at the art, not specifically to get a reading. A man and a woman in their early 20s walked in. I greeted them, then turned back to my book, and I heard the woman say quietly to the man, "I'd like to get a reading done."

At that point, the man strode over to my table, locked eyeballs with me, and stared intently at me without speaking. I said, "How are you?" and he muttered, "Good," and continued staring. I was nonplused, to say the least. After a good 20-30 seconds I had had enough, and I just said what came to mind: "No, I'm not," and for some reason, I started laughing. He instantly broke off staring at me, turned on his heel, and left the room. She stayed for her reading. I now think he was asking me, "Are you psychic?" because that's what I heard right after I answered him. Or maybe it was, "Are you any good?"

Chronata

LOL!

That's awesome,Apollonia.

Too bad it wasn't HIM getting his cards read...I have no doubt he would have gotten his money's worth! })

Alta

That is so funny. What a great response from you.

What a pain he must be as a husband. :(

tarotbear

Marion said:
That is so funny. What a great response from you.

What a pain he must be as a husband. :(

Funny - I was thinking the same thing!

Still, it was a great response, I must say ... I'll have to try it myself sometime.

Mystica

Wow, that must have been uncomfortable. You handled it very well. I'm not sure how I would have reacted!

Milfoil

I think you handled that extremely well, certainly better than I would have.

Why do people assume that tarot and psycic abilities go hand in hand? Sigh!

Still a lot to be learned.