Knight of Pentacles a as a profession?

kamodo

Knight of Pentacles as a profession?

I'm just curious as how you would guess what kind of profession a person in a reading will have if the Knight of Pentacles shows up?

I see him as a workaholic, hard-working, effiecient in his job, but also is realistic in terms of goals, and can be pessistic, but has a firm set of beliefs that cannot be changed.

I can guess the personality, but I don't see quite how it would fit as a profession? A teacher? Some sort of law-worker? I'm totally clueless. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kamodo

MeeWah

Knight of Pentacles can be a blue-collar worker; one who works with his hands such as a craftsman.

In professions such as bricklaying, carpentry, electrician or plumbing, a journeyman position where mastery achieved over time & with experience.

In construction or otherwise 'out in the field'.

Travelling salesman or company representative.

Middle management; one who takes orders from a superior.

rash212

Knight of pentacles for me always is associated with finances, so I always take his profession as someone being a chartered accountant, or simply an accountant, or someone managing petty finances of the company!

Goaty's girl

Earth sign - Capricorn, Virgo or Taurus

To me this card is a man who works dillegently, tirelessley and feels a great sense of achievement when the labour has been intense and long.. He is a professional with a sharp sense of the shrude and an eye for detail.... He can come across as a total charmer who has a presence about him,and apreciative of the special things in life at best :) - and selfish, calculating,narrowed and negitive at his very worst... :(

As a profession?...all of the mentioned below, and bloody good at it!

Goaty's Girl

rainwolf

Knight of pentacles=angular=capricorn

Capricornian in nature

Has high ambition. While goals are usually made so they can be achieved, the knight may miss this and aim for something they simply cannot have. They can be hard workers, and are disciplined and serious about their job.

This can tend towards workaholism because the knight is not mature enough to realize the reality of situations and adjust, unlike its cadent earth partner vigo, king of pentacles. He also cannot stay in the same place and not make progress as compared to its fixed earth partner taurus, queen of pentacles.

Sienna

For me all the above, but don't forget the Pents association with all things earthy, so farming, animal husbandry, veterinarian etc too!

Grizabella

To me, he's a mechanic. I'm not sure why that is, but that's what he's always seemed to be to me on first thought. Farm worker would apply, or a construction worker---something very solid, basic, steady and down-to-earth. Not highly educated. Definitely gets dirty in his work and doesn't mind doing it.

reagun ban

My gut reaction, havnig seen only the thread title, was "banker".
Then I saw rash212's more generic response. I agree with rash

mtnmermaid

Entrepreneur or someone working with money, someone who wants to move up the corporate ladder. e reminds me of my brother, who went around the neighborhood at 6 years old selling all his toys. LOL

linabeet

I've gotten this card a lot lately.

In my World Spirit deck he's going about the family farm checking up on the harvest. I see him as one who is just getting down to work. Doing what needs to be done. The others are off having a good time, Knight of Wands is out being sassy with the ladies, Knight of Cups is daydreaming into a lake, Knight of Swords is getting into a bar fight over philosophy, but good old penty is keeping the family afloat. Someone has got to do the dry work, and he enjoys it, honest work.

Building, farming, fixing, managing, behind the scenes details work. No glory, no big risks, just plugging away.