the wicca divination kit

Bean Feasa

seems to contain some nice-looking cards but I can't find scans anywhere, so trying to judge the book by the cover.
Has anyone else got this set, and could you tell us what the cards are like - colours, cardstock etc.
I'm tempted but it's 34 euro (which I'd guess is around $40) in my local Waterstones, and with Christmas with all its expenses bearing down on me like a freight train, I'm having to think twice.
Here's a link (I hope):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738707996/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

DarkElectric

I just pre-ordered it, although in USA it says it hasn't been released yet. I'm getting it for myself for Yule, and if I pre order, it will cost less than 20 dollars. I like Amazon a lot, because I can get things I'd never be able to afford otherwise. Amazon rules! :)

Cerulean

The House of Tarot offers a pre-order price for the U.S....

lower than retail; perhaps if you are also a member of a bookclub such as Barnes & Noble, there's also a discount. Or if you are outside the U.S., there might be one of those substantial discounts available elsewhere...

http://www.houseoftarot.com/product_info.php?ref=3&products_id=460&affiliate_banner_id=1

I'd enjoy hearing people's opinions! Especially since I have had the Well-Worn Path and enjoy it's texts and such...

And Tarotgarden.com also has lower pre-order prices, although this isn't a tarot...

Cerulean

catlin

Even here in Germany the kit is still on preorder status (same for my Wiccan cards).

Lee

Here's a bit more info, from the Lo Scarabeo catalogue, don't know if this will be helpful:

"Wicca Divination Kit
"160-page book by Fedora Feltrin and Maria Caratti
"45-card deck by Peter O'Neill

"An elegant collection that presents a book plus a deck of cards as a set, for a more in-depth investigation of the historical and esoteric themes. Written by noted researchers and experts.
"The most complete card project ever realized. Each card symbolizes an aspect of the nature of a Wicca. It enables the magic of the Goddess and of God to be bought to the present [I think they mean "brought"]. It helps to meditate and to understand, with the use of the tools and the rituals. This book will be a constant companion during one's spiritual journey."

The entry in the catologue shows the same image as in the Amazon entry.

-- Lee

Bean Feasa

Thanks for the replies folks. I know I could get it cheaper from Amazon but shipping to Ireland costs an extra $10 or so, and sometimes I end up having to wait 6 or 8 weeks for delivery. And this pack is just sitting on the shelves there in Waterstones around the corner from where I work, sitting there all alone...
If I cave in I'll keep you posted ;)

tarot_princess

i too am considering buying it... will consider ordering it from amazon. thanks for the tip, guys.