Ok, how about when they keep coming back with basically the same question(s)??

blackroseivy

There is a REALLY annoying - not to say touchy topic!! Any views out there? I have 1 who keeps coming back wanting to know when her man will be leaving his wife... I ask you!!

tarotbear

There is no easy solution to this one. People keep returning waiting for you to give them the answer they want to hear. Eventually, you have no chioce but to tell them that they HAVE TO MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIFE, or get a real one, at the very least! LOL! They need to see a mental health counsellor, and you may have to suggest one to them since they are waiting for a situation which is probably not going to happen.

Worse is the wife who is in an unhappy marriage who keeps asking when her husband is going to die. First off - I don't do 'death' questions. She wants to know how much longer she has to suffer with him before he kicks off. She, too, has to be shuffled to a marriage counsellor.

Didn't you read the fine print at the bottom of the LWB (Little White Book) you received with your first deck? It says that you will have to have a rolodex of phone numbers of clinics of all kinds, and self-help hotlines to give to your querents because you cannot play doctor, lawyer, or indian chief to every schmoe who comes to see you? :bugeyed: Look again! It's there! LOL!

I have a better one for you: inevitably, I end up doing a reading that shows me someone is having an affair - which they will admit to if you phrase it delicately. They are cavorting with a married man and 'expect' that he is going to divorce his wife and marry them. If he is going to fool around with you - what makes you think he isn't going to fool around with someone else even if he does marry you? That is a question no one has ever been able to answer for me. Why waste your time with this jerk? But they do, they do ....

HudsonGray

Maybe you could make them focus on a spread about why it matters so much to them. Then what they can do to help themselves change what's stagnant.

MercyMe

Once again, like tarotbear said in the other thread, this comes under the heading of Things You Cannot Control. Better they should focus on that which they can control -- such as making their own lives fuller and richer. Maybe when they take charge of that which they are lacking in their lives, they will feel less a need to settle for the scraps offered by a married lover.

Chronata

I had this happen to me before.

someone who asks the same exact question every single time.

It got to the point that the same cards kept actually coming up each time as well. (she was so not getting the message.)

When it stopped being face to face readings and went directly to phone readings...I started just pulling the same exact cards each time.

She never did get the message.

Annabelle

I don't read professionally, but for what it's worth . . .

I have one friend who tends to ask the same questions over and over, particularly about her relationship with her husband. When she asks me the same question repeatedly, I simply remind her - "you know, we already looked at this question two weeks ago, and remember that the cards suggested [whatever it was]. We need to wait and give this situation some more time to develop before asking the cards for advice again."

Anyway, I say something along those lines, and my friend is generally okay with that and won't ask a similiar question again for a while. :)

huredriel

Well I don't read professionally ...... but I've had one acquaintance come for several readings due to a shitty boyfriend ....... and I'm pretty blunt ....... and every time after that, that she asks the same question ...... I just turn round and remind her what I've already told her, along with a line about getting some self-respect. Luckily I've not heard from her for quite a while ... I threatened to charge her :D

Umbrae

Is that the side of the room where the bad children sit? I suppose I’ll head over there, but I must pass by the podium and create just cause.

How many of us feel crappy, but know our health would be much better if we lost some weight, and instead – we go to the doctor?

How many of us went through therapy for years – and never accomplished anything?

How many of us take medicine (SSRI’s) to smooth out our emotions and responses – without solving underlying issues?

We have perfectly good and reasonable illusionary justifications. Except that yours are justified (LOL).

And there’s nothing wrong here. The Medical Industry alone has built an empire on the masking of symptoms – and not finding cures.

Seeking guidance for the same thing over and over is what has kept Doctors, Lawyers, the Clergy, and Readers employed since the dawn of man.

Coveting the spouse of another is as old has history itself. Perhaps older. What’s that bible story? David and what’s her name? He just killed the husband. Problem solved.

Often, many of our sitter’s questions fall into two broad categories.

“How do I regain what (I’ve or has been) lost (finding lost/gaining what we don’t have/separation anxiety/ need vs want).”

And “Why me?”

Now the answer for the first is simple, “You didn’t lose it (or him/her or the car-keys), you buried (it/him/her) under some stuff you thought was important at the time.”

The answer to the second is, “Because.”

Heck – why pull out them Tarot cards at all!?!?

But some day…that same person walks in, and the cards say, “Wake up! Daddy likes his Gumbo! You got the wrong Mr. Dream sweetie, he’s been right around the corner the whole time…”

See, they’re putting all their hopes and dreams on some pie-in-the-sky. Sometimes ya gotta help them out of the moonlight. Imagine spending all your time in the dark, in the other tower…and they’re lost, they cannot find their way out…

“When’s (he/she) leaving their spouse for me…” is a “Why Me” and a “Lost love” combined. It’s happiness deferred to an ‘out there/separate/not in control (entity – situation). So I can’t ‘get it’. It’s in a place as good as lost, if I can’t ‘get it’, it’s not ‘mine’. Oh poor me…

The whole global economy works on folks wanting the same thing over and over.

Who needs Tarot cards, "“You didn’t lose it, you buried under some stuff you thought was important at the time.”

I used to have this sitter who came with the same question over and over. Boil it down, take out the verbiage, she was bored. She couldn’t see the rut she was in, she had relationship issues. Until I told her it was time to buy a house.

Everything in her life changed.

For us, it’s easy to see. Same client, same question, same cards, different day.

But for them? What is it like for them? Perhaps they are waiting for us to have that one day the cards come up a tad different and something strange and beautiful floats out from between our lips…

What if…?

What if…?

I’ll head over to the other side of the room now…

:smoker:

HearthCricket

I read for a friend, who didn't ask the same question over and over, again, but she wanted to have her cards read each day and became dependent on them, so I refused to read for her, and almost lost her friendship in the making! Finally I explained to her that things need to play out, that she needs to give the time and the effort of letting life hold the reins, and not the cards. She, too, was waiting to see if "her" answer would come up, rather than what the cards might be pointing to.

Living the cards, living one's life out, is just as important as listening to the cards, themselves. If one stares at a single rose, they will only see that rose bloom and eventually die. In the meantime, they have missed the daisy, the peony, the thistle and the Queen Anne's lace that was growing right next to it. Life must be played out.

blackroseivy

Thank you all so much! Umbrae, you are nothing if not poetic...

I have told her that I see nothing but delays - things not developing for a good long time yet. That's the best I could do. Next time I see her, perhaps I will suggest talking to someone better qualified to address her issues... ;)