venus retrograde coming up...

mysticme

hey everyone! hope you are all doing wonderfully!

i've been doing some research on this venus retrograde coming up. (i'm still learning so please bare with me...)

i read on another board to look up the following to see if you would be effected by this.. they said:

To determine how you’re affected, first look at your natal chart. (If you don’t have a copy of it, you can enter birth information and get a free chart at http://www.astro.com )

Look for the house or “pie slice” that contains early Aquarius. Here’s how to determine that house...

If you’re using a chart from astro.com, look at the band of symbols for the zodiac signs that wraps around the edge of the chart. Moving in a counterclockwise direction, find the beginning of the Aquarius section. Then find the first “notched” part of that section. (Each sign contains 30 degrees. Each notched part contains 1/6 or 5 degrees of a sign. The first part contains 0 to 5 degrees of a sign. The second part contains 5 to 10 degrees of it; the third part, 10 to 15; the fourth part, 15 to 20; the fifth part, 20 to 25; the sixth part, 25 to 30.) Which house of your chart contains that part of the Aquarius section? That’s the house in which Venus is located when she starts turning retrograde. Make a note of it.

Then, using the same method, also find the fourth notched part of the Capricorn section, still counting in a counterclockwise direction.

Does the same house that you noted a moment ago contain that part of Capricorn? Or does another house contain it? If so, which house? Make a note of any such house.

We’ll come back to this house (or these houses) in a bit, so keep that information handy.

Now, some of us are especially affected by Venus turning retrograde. If your chart contains major points between roughly 24 degrees 28 minutes and 30 degrees 00 minutes of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn), or between roughly 0 degrees 00 minutes and 8 degrees 28 minutes of the fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius), then you’re especially likely to experience some sort of manifestation of this aspect. (Such points include the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Midheaven, or planets.) That’s because Venus triggers such points at the same time that she changes direction, when she is virtually standing still and so especially “potent.”

ok, so i did all of that and i'm not sure how to proceed from here...

myself:
starts and ends in 10th house
uranus 26 degrees libra
mercury 1 degree scorpio

my love interest:
starts and ends in 1st house
moon 25 degrees capricorn
jupiter 24 degrees libra
saturn 4 degrees taurus
venus 4 degrees scorpio
mars 4 degrees aquarius

can anyone help me out with this? thanks so much!!!

sunflowr

Is this going to be a good thing, or is this something that makes Venus issues difficult? I have Venus in Aries, so will be interested in seeing what my chart says.

Deszroo

One excercise to do is to think about what happened in your life the last time Venus went retrograde. The last time Venus went rx was on May 17th, 2004 in Gemini. Second excecise..note that the Moon was moving towards a New Moon phase. Perhaps something new starting with the quality or issues of Air/mutable?..and/or your house in which Gemini rules.

On the other hand the last time Venus went rx in Capricorn was on Jan. 10, 1998...Moon moving toward Full Moon phase. Can you remember that far back?. Perhaps something ending or completing with qualtiy or issues of Earth/Fixed...and/or your house in which Capricorn rules.

The current to be retrograde Venus in Capricorn will be on 12/24/2005...moon I think will be disseminating phase or at least moving in last/4th quarter phase; since Sun will be Cap and Moon will be in Libra when the rx occurs. Perhaps a time of reassesing or a testing time of something completed at or related to the last Capricorn Venus rx. While this Venus will be rx in Capricorn...the new moon (12/30/05) will also be in Cap.

Anyways ...be sure to double check your ephemeris!!..for best accuracy

Deszroo