Does anyone know/own this? : LS Cards of Nostradamus

oracle7765

Hi guys..,,in my tarot card/oracle shopping...I came across this deck:

Lo Scarabeo: THE CARDS OF NOSTRADAMUS.

It's a 78 card deck...but note it isn't a Tarot card deck.
It really caught my eye because of the beautiful art and the historical background of the cards that date back to Nostradamus and Cesare Ripa's Iconologia.

Is anyone familiar with this oracle deck?
What do you think of it?

Hopefully, I'll get some feedback from you guys....

mingbop

is there a link anywhere so I can see it ??

catlin

Nope, this deck is still on my wish list.

michmm

hi oracle 7765

Hi there!
Glad i read your post... i'm very impressed that these cards Do exist!!! just had some questions for you... does the accompanying booklet have sufficient information for us to be able to interpret the cards... i too read the not too great review on the link you posted, but i can't seem to find any other reviews... does one form spreads to read the cards or how does it work??
Would appreciate it if you would please let me know, as i would love to know a bit more about these cards before I buy them!
thanks so much!
luv
mich

mingbop

I wouldnt go much by the review, he sounds very literal & thats just his take on it, but theyre a wee bit odd. It's nice to have something different though.

michmm

thanks

mingbop said:
I wouldnt go much by the review, he sounds very literal & thats just his take on it, but theyre a wee bit odd. It's nice to have something different though.

Hi there mingbop
yup, i agree with you about the review...
i'm curious, though, to find out what you meant by "theyre a wee bit odd"??!! WOuld you be able to let me know if the book has sufficient interpretations for each card in english and does one use spreads to do readings, if not, then how do u do readings?
Plus, one last question!! --- Is this a tool for divination for the future???!!!
thanks
luv
mich

mingbop

this is why I'm saying they're a wee bit odd--I'm no sure what they are, they just seem to be different ! lol - But yes, if I had these then I would use for divination yes, because you can use any of the cards for that. I dont suppose I'll be able to get any over here ....sigh. xxx Mary

oracle7765

Actually, I was still thinking of buying the deck...so I really don't have it yet.Sorry michmm!!!I too am curious about the divinatory powers of this deck!

However, I did some research on the Iconographia, the book which contains the images used for the cards. Apparently, to my surprise, the book contains about 300+ images related to symbology. Seems they just picked 78 images from the book....and I don't know why.....The old text in itself was rather interesting.

if you guys want to see the text, here's the link...

http://emblem.libraries.psu.edu/Ripa/Images/ripatoc.htm

I'm REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT these cards. I'm thinking of buying them...but I'm still confused.
I hope someone around here has already used them....lol

:)

michmm

Nobody yet??

Hey !
has nobody used this deck ??? !!!
:)
luv
mich