Selena Fenech's "Fairy Philosophies" deck

OakDragon

Selina Fenech's "Fairy Philosophies" deck

Just wanted to let you all know that Selina Fenech recently released a second oracle deck, "Fairy Philosophies", with 32 cards with different artwork than the other deck. Since this deck is also 3 x 4 inches, it looks like it's meant to be able to be used in conjunction with her first deck.

I am a huge fan of her art. *sigh* ANOTHER deck for the wishlist! :D

CandyApple

wow Oakdragon...both of those decks look awsome! Thanks for turning me on to her work..I'll have to check out her site more. Beautiful artwork! Really beautiful.

Jewel

Does anyone have either of these two oracles??? I am most curious about them!

MysticalMoose

Ohhhhhhh! these are beautiful!! I HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!!!!!!

*breaks into piggy bank & sighs woefully"

Jewel

MysticalMoose said:
Ohhhhhhh! these are beautiful!! I HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!!!!!!

*breaks into piggy bank & sighs woefully"
~giggles~ you and me both! Form the looks of them online, I would say they must be in their own way somewhat similar to Doreen Virtue's decks in size and with the message on them. But no one has yet really said anything good or bad about these decks. I need them because of the mermaids of course *LOL*. But I would really love to hear what others have to say about these decks, the philosophies one in particular.

faunabay

I really want these decks too!! I'm interested to see if anyone has them -- as to whether they're just art decks or if they really work as reading decks??? They do look similar to Doreen Virtue decks don't they? :) I absolutely love the artwork!!!!

Myrrha

I've been trying to decide about getting one of these decks and thought knowing what was on the captions would help me decide. I emailed Selina Fenech who kindly said that I could share the information with the forum. Here is her email. She's working on a third deck that also sounds really interesting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi [Myrrha]
Thanks for your interest in my card decks. I'm happy for you to share the information about my decks with the tarot forum.
Below are some samples of captions on the card decks-

Oracle cards-
Dreams- dreams can come true. Avoid Illusion, delusions and nightmares and seek your hearts true goal.
Trials- We all have fights we must face. The geratest strength is not in never
failing, but rising up every time you fall.
Small Things- Be thankful for the small things in life, and the big things will look after themselves.
Anticipation- Something new is on it's way. Accept change freely but consider where you'e been and where you wish to go.
Make a Wish- Wish for your hearts desire. Determination and a touch of magic will make it happen!
Patience- Sometimes the only action you can take is to sit, watch and wait patiently, and keep growing.
Doorways- Something knocks at your door, dare you open it? There are opportunities, risks, a boundary to cross.

Fairy Philosophy Deck-
The Gift- Something special is about to happen. A gift may coming your way, or there is something within yourself to give to others.
Rebirth- Great trials can force us to be reborn in a new form, stronger and more beautiful. Embrace trials and change with courage.
Wary- There is danger about. Be careful to make wise choices, do not stumble into ruinous actions. Take the time to make the right decision.
Playful- Relax, be playful, take a few risks and enjoy life for the moment. Let go of any hurt or anger and move on.
Secrets- A deceptive figure lurks nearby. Perhaps in the form of a friend, or perhaps you are not being true to yourself. Secrets are often dangerous.
Wings of Love- Let love lift you from the toils of the mortal world, love is magic! A guardian or saviour may be on the way.
Discovery- Run, Chase, Adventure... there are many more discoveries to be made yet! Cherish the journey asn much as the destination.

I also have a third deck currently in design, that can also be used with the other two decks all together, where each card has a positive side and a negative side, for readings on their own or to add further meanings to the other decks cards.
Some examples are-
Close/Distant
Begin/End
Lead/Follow
Stay/Leave

I hope that information is helpful to you,
Selina

Jewel

Thanks for sharing!!! If you do get any of these decks I would love to hear your opinions. I am wondering if they are Doreen Virtue-ish .... I am thinking that they are, but again I love the mermaids *LOL*.

Myrrha

Jewel said:
Thanks for sharing!!! If you do get any of these decks I would love to hear your opinions. I am wondering if they are Doreen Virtue-ish .... I am thinking that they are, but again I love the mermaids *LOL*.

Well, they are described on her site as affirmation decks, so I don't think she'd get too dark or complex with these.

From the sample captions though, they don't have quite that "course in miracles" tone that Doreen Virtues decks do.

It doesn't look like there are more than a couple or mermies per deck though, maybe you'd be better off buying a couple of small prints?

--Myrrha