journal purchase

diane drizzy

will quietly be starting the one deck wonder journey.
funny enough tho, i can't seem to find that "special" journal/notebook.
would like something well-special.
have tried several sites with tarot accessories, but nothing seems to speak to me.
any suggestions?
happy holidays-diane

brenmck

My favorite subject

Good morning and Happy Holidays -

I used to use very nicely bound journals and finally read something really helpful about that very thing - if you use those "nice" ones you feel obligated to write only "good" and profound things. Use a plain old spiral notebook and anything goes, in other words, your first and most honest thoughts and feelings. Besides that, they lay flat on your table and have plenty of room on the pages for arrows, circles, and second opinions. No college-ruled pages, either - nice wide lines. :)

~B~

Mimers

Composition notebooks are a little more sturdy than the spirals and you can decorate them with felt and beads and ribbons if you so desire. Make it very personal. :D

Mimi

Amhran

I like to use a thin 3 ring binder (is that what they are called?). That way you can have separate sections--like one for readings, one for thoughts on specific cards, maybe one for dreams, etc. And the beauty of it is you can take pages out and re-arrange as needed. The separate sections can be divided by those pocket folders made to fit right in the binder and you can fill the pockets with stuff printed off the internet, interesting magazine articles that are pertinent to your studies,etc.

Also, you can get a binder with the clear plastic casing so you can personalize it by putting photos and other visually inspiring stuff inside on the front.

Al Si'ra

I envy all those who can compile their reading into one nice journal or binder whatsoever :)..My tarot notes...they are flying everywhere meaning: white plain papers everywhere lol and finally i am planning to get a journal myself..Actually i think i'll just get a nice binder and put those together...I am very fond of those stylish personal things...but i think..being untidy...that's my style lol ;)

CandyApple

Al Si'ra said:
I envy all those who can compile their reading into one nice journal or binder whatsoever :)..My tarot notes...they are flying everywhere meaning: white plain papers everywhere lol and finally i am planning to get a journal myself..Actually i think i'll just get a nice binder and put those together...I am very fond of those stylish personal things...but i think..being untidy...that's my style lol ;)

Boy can I relate to that! I think I'll adobt yo ur thinking at make untidy mystyle too.

MareSaturni

Binders are cool but i'm a spiral notebooks lover (especially the ones that have a hard cover)! I never feel free enough to write when my notebook is too pretty or too expensive.

And i'm a mess...i have someetimes one notebook for two different decks! Usually to the decks i use more and that i carry around...i don't like carrying aroud two notebooks, so i put all in the same.

I think everyone has one method. As long as it works...then it's fine.

Good luck darling ;)

~Yuko

diane drizzy

wow-never thought about all that-maybe that's why i can't seem to find THE ONE-as in THE DECK!
sounds like it's off to the $1.00 store for me.
thanks for everyone's input.

Blue Fury

diane drizzy said:
will quietly be starting the one deck wonder journey.
funny enough tho, i can't seem to find that "special" journal/notebook.
would like something well-special.
have tried several sites with tarot accessories, but nothing seems to speak to me.
any suggestions?
happy holidays-diane

If you want something really, really special (and refillable) then I can recommend a good place online (based in the USA :) ) to get leather bound journals. Have a look at http://www.oberondesign.com/

I treated myself to one of their leather journals. They are beautifully made. I think the website may be closed for the festive holidays but is well worth a look when back online.

Hope this helps,

Fury x

kmartin60

LOL, it helps to be a packrat!

My husband bought me one of those VERY expensive dayplanners in the 90's and I (of course) didnt do anything with it! But I just cant throw anything away! So now Im using my planner from 1998 for my tarot journal! So, just find anything that will get you interested! Thats the hard part! Gppd luck & good journaling! Kim