Gita Deck, & Gods and Goddesses

sunflowr

I got 2 decks for Christmas. :) One is: Gods and Goddesses- Mantras, Blessings and Meditations. The other is the Gita Deck- Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita.

Both beautiful decks, dipiciting Hindu beliefs and spirituality. Not meant as oracle decks. The Gita deck might be useful for pulling a random verse a day, however. That's what I'm using it for. I don't have the Bhagavad Gita book but this is a real beautiful introduction to it.

The Gods and Goddesses deck is my favorite. You can pick a card that has something to do with a need you have. Like lets say I want obstacles overcome or I want to start a new venture. I go through the deck and find Ganesh, of which those needs are among his blessings. I can chant the mantra that is on the back of the card, read the short "meditation/prayer", and maybe display the card somewhere, burn incense next to it, whatever you want to do.

My only problem is that I don't know how to pronounce the mantras. :( So I would need help. I don't think they would be hard to pronounce but I just don't know how certain letters and vowels sound. Maybe someone knowledgeable in that, can help me and I could PM you the mantra I want to use and maybe you could type it out as it would sound in english. I think they might have already done so. But still I might need help.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know of these beautiful decks, for those interested in Hindu culture and beliefs. You won't be disappointed. :)

a_shikhs

Hi sunflowr,
ive been eyeing the gita deck in my book shop since a long time but am a little confused whether i should buy it or not. The gods and goddesses deck sounds really beautiful.. Im glad you are liking our indian culture and our holy gods. They are powerful though.. They will always help you out and give you whatever you need. And the mantras have a very strong power in them too. If you chant them daily, your wishes do come true.. I am talking through experience..:) In India, we chant a lot of beautiful mantras..
Lol.. I can help you out with the pronounciation of the mantras. Feel free to pm me and i'll translate them for you..
The bhagvad gita is our holy and sacred book. The gita deck is based on that.. If you can catch hold of the book, it would be great and it will help you understand the deck better.. Enjoy your decks... :thumbsup:

sunflowr

That would be so wonderful if you can help me with the mantras. :) I'll PM you. Thanks!

a_shikhs

lovely song

Hi sunflowr,
i got your pm. i will pm you in a while.. I love the ganesha sharanam song by jai uttal.. it is so soothing and beautiful.Thank you:thumbsup: