Venus retrograde and tarot

bella7777

Hi everyone, This may be a silly question but does anyone know if the venus retrograde we are now in effects the outcome of tarot cards?
I heard that since Venus is in retrograde, anything connected with it's energies will fail...does this also include love readings, or tarot spells? I thought a retrograde would make the outcome more powerful?
Thanks for any info you can provide-
:)
-Bella

eastarot

I'm not sure about the Venus Retrograde but I am sure it will affect the readings. During every Mercury retrograde, I get a lot of clients asking about delays, or why they're having misunderstandings. And 2 years ago when Mars came closest to the Earth and was visible, that whole week I had clients who were fighting, having differences and contemplating divorce. Just the way the planets affect us, I'm positive the cards reflect whatever is going on. I would expect a lot of questions related to love, to relationships turning sour or cloudy, or like an astrologer told me ' alot of single people seeking out old flames and getting burnt again'

Just my two bits
I would love to read others opinions on this

dadsnook2000

A simple view of retrogrades

Without quoting authors or citing from my own experience, permit me to just make a simple set of observations. When a planet retrogrades it just goes back over ground (or an area of the zodiac) it has already covered. What does that mean?

A symbol is not a logo, its not a sign. A logo or a sign says one thing and one thing only. A symbol says a lot of things. If you note my tagline, it says that if you have options to exercise them all. This is all about symbols. We have them in our charts but we usually exercise them in limited, predictable ways. Once in awhile we treat our symbols differently -- like when we have one going retro on us.

Think what happens. Venus, for us (as an example) links to our love of a serene atmosphere, harmonious decor, quiet music always on the radio. Then Venus goes retro. We've just experienced a period of arranging the house, cleaning the walls, putting up new curtains. Now, Venus pushes at us once again as it transits sensitive points already "turned on" a few weeks ago. Do we do it all again?

No! We look and think again but we don't do. This time we look at what we have changed and realize its still all the same underneath. Nothing much that is substantive has changed, really. So now we experience Venus transiting in retro motion as dissatisfaction (as an example, remember). We have now used our symbol differently. Then Venus goes direct and covers prior areas once again. Now we have an inclination to use Venus differently. We may change our values, upgrade our desires, aspire to different values or levels of appreciation. What we had is no longer enough, no longer right. We choose to move in different directions, to become or strive to be more. Venus in different modes!

Now, following along with keeping things simple, lets look at what happens at those times and points when the planet stops moving in one direction, hesitates, and then starts moving in another direction. These points are called "stations." What happens when a station occurs at a sensitive point in your chart. "ATTENTION" "LISTEN UP, HERE" This is likely to express itself in some way. The thing with "stations" are, they aren't exactly "transits." They don't pass by -- the VISIT. No "Hello, how are you." But, "Where's my room, I'm staying a few days, whats for supper, can I borrow a pair of shoes." The planet moves in. This like a "grown up transit" -- its important. Now, how do you react to this event. Chances are you will find another, stronger way to express this symbol. Sell the house! Buy some clothes. Change your style of living. Whatever.

We can forget about what the cook-books say a planet means direct or retro. All we have to do is see what Venus aspects in a chart, blend the energies, and ask which of the five or ten things the symbols typical mean is often expressed at a transit time. Now we look at what expressions are stronger or more important to the person. We tend to look for "bigger" symbol expressions each time we encounter them. So, the question we have now as Venus goes retro is 1) does it go over its natal position or a planet that it has a natal aspect to? 2) does it conjoin another transiting planet that the natal Venus had a natal aspect to? 3) Does it connect with an ASC degree or MC degree or other sensitive point? If any of these are going to happen, determine when, determine how you have reacted before under similar situations. Make some notes, keep a one-page diary on your experiences during the current transit. Now you will have learned something that might not be in the books. Have fun with your astrology. Dave

sunflowr

How long is this transit for?