PDA

View Full Version : i still can't put quotes in blue boxes

joannski3
29-12-2005, 22:31
can someone help me? i read the directions but this html thing...i don't know anything. can someone tell me in layman's terms how to quote text??? thanks, much appreciated.

joanna

Moonbow
29-12-2005, 23:37
All you do is use the 'quote' button at the bottom right of the post you want to quote from. So... go ahead and press quote on the bottom of my post.

Then you write your post.

Moonbow*

Elven
30-12-2005, 00:05
Another way to do this is ...

Say you see something you would like to put in a as a 'quote' while you're looking over the thread.

Highlight the text you want to quote from the thread.
Press your right side mouse button and press Copy.
Now go to Reply To Post and press.

Press your right hand side mouse button and press Paste.
Put your copied text in the text box.

At the beginning of the quote put one of these [
Then without a gap put in the word: QUOTE
Then without a gap put in: =
Then without a gap put in the persons name for example: Elven
Then without a gap put one of these ]

At the end of the text you want to quote put one of these [
Then one of these /
Then the word QUOTE
Then one of these ]

This will put your text in a blue box.

Then write in your response underneath.

Important:
Use the BACK ARROW if you need to go back to the thread to get more text to quote, or look at the thread.
If you do go back to the thread use the FORWARD ARROW to get back to your reply.
Dont press reply again - otherwise a new reply will come up and you may loose the one you were working on.

This seems very long - sorry 'bout that :)

Blessings
Elven x

tmgrl2
30-12-2005, 05:00
Or sometimes, I simply type something from a book that I want to quote and

do it this way...

I type the word quote inside brackets, then type my material I am quoting, the to close the quote...put /quote inside brackets...and Voila...

quotes in blue boxes

Sometimes to see how someone does something, I hit "quote" for the reply and when the typing comes up, I look at how the person did what they did.
So when I couldn't find the emoticon for party, I hit the quote button on the person's post, and up came the "typed version" of the emoticon.

You can hit the quote button on the lower right portion of my post, for example, and see how I typed
:party: and :love:
to get these emoticons...

good luck.

terri

zazen
30-12-2005, 10:19

Julien
30-12-2005, 11:10
And if at first you don't suceed, try, try again... Finding the little Quotes and clicking on it is the easiest way, especiallly if you're working all in one thread.

Took me, oh, six months before I figured it out... ;)

Julien