PDA

View Full Version : Some difficulties with access and movement around the Forums

Moongold
30-12-2005, 13:01
I am more frequently now getting the message "Timed out" or "Access denied".

Sometimes these messages crop up when trying to access Aeclectic (Access denied) but more frequently (timed out) when trying to open a particular thread whilst already logged in.

Just guessing that these may be related to the problems causing the recent "downtime".

I switched from broadband to dial up some months ago and wonder if access is perhaps harder for people with dial up.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks ~

Moongold

Moongold
03-01-2006, 07:29
This morning there was a problem with the data base around 3.30am or 4.00am and the Forum dropped out temporarily.

Now I am having problems with access again. It's very slow and more frequently difficult to post. I might complete a post and not actually be able to post it because of the "timed-out" message.

Little Baron
03-01-2006, 07:34
Same here. I have had problems trying to get the 'New Posts' feature to work - it has just timed out eventually each time and I have been trying for the best part of half an hour. When it did finally work, I only got about two or three posts.

LB

OakDragon
03-01-2006, 07:34
I haven't been having any problems since the last couple of recent down times, and I am on dialup, too (though hopefully for not much longer, yay). If you're on dialup, access will naturally be much slower, and time-outs will be more common, particularly if you have an old computer.

lunakasha
03-01-2006, 07:36
YES!!! Just now, in fact.....I have been getting stuck, booted out and frustrated at being in sloooow motion! I immediately thought it was my computer, but then found I had no problems on other websites. :(

I hope this is only a temporary glitch....we shall see!

:) Luna

lunakasha
03-01-2006, 07:38
I haven't been having any problems since the last couple of recent down times, and I am on dialup, too (though hopefully for not much longer, yay). If you're on dialup, access will naturally be much slower, and time-outs will be more common, particularly if you have an old computer.

My computer is DSL, so can't blame it on my connection! :laugh:

Moonbow
03-01-2006, 07:42
Me too, I don't know what's happening but I will inform Solandia.

Moonbow*

CandyApple
03-01-2006, 08:08
Me too. I have been having problems all day. Like Solenda said..this is a high traffic site now...So I guess some of that we might just have to put up with. Just as long as we save our posts maybe?

OakDragon
03-01-2006, 08:24
Shortly after Moonbow*'s last post, I compose a reply and hit "Submit" and then AT goes down again! So, I guess I'm having problems, too. :)

Moongold
03-01-2006, 08:31
My connection seems to be OK now.

The "Problems with Data Base" message this morning said that an email had been sent to Solandia.

I guess this is something to do with the webhosting and Solandia foreshadowed that in her announcement about the previous down time.

Moongold
03-01-2006, 08:32
Shortly after Moonbow*'s last post, I compose a reply and hit "Submit" and then AT goes down again! So, I guess I'm having problems, too. :)

Got any jokes, Oakie?

Hmmmm ... I don't know whether I've been stood down or suspended :). Maybe the Hanged Man is appropriate?

Solandia
03-01-2006, 11:51
We have a few technical issues at the moment...

1) Downtime and slow loading. I'll be upgrading the forum's server capacity shortly which should reduce the downtime, and speed up the forum a little as well.
2) New Posts disappearing (http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=683728&postcount=5).
3) Blank threads that do not contain any posts. This is a bug, so please report any such threads to a moderator.

Thanks all for your patience.

~ Solandia

Little Baron
06-01-2006, 03:58
Thanks Solandia. At the moment, I am never that sure whether I will get into the site. It has taken twenty minutes this time and on every click or search, it takes a further four or so minutes before it times out.

I hope that you manage to sort the problems out. Much appreciated.

That's the problem with being so popular!

LB

Grizabella
06-01-2006, 05:04
My problem is that quite frequently, it will take me to an oddball search page with a pop-up ad. I have a pop-up blocker so I don't see what the ad is for. I've done spyware scans many times, but always end up having this happen again after a little while. I don't know what's going on with that.

Lillie
06-01-2006, 05:57
What do you mean when you all say 'timed out'?

I have occassional problems that I never had a name for.
Perhaps I am being 'timed out'!

Little Baron
06-01-2006, 06:04
It tries to go to the right page but then a white page comes up saying that it has timed out and is not getting a response from the server. I think, because it takes so long, it has passed the amount of time it should take, so therefore gives up if the server or site does not respond.

LB

Lillie
06-01-2006, 06:12
Oh, right...

I get a white page saying that it cannot find the page, and maybe th site is down or my settings are wrong (or whatever)

I never noticed it mentioning time, but it must be the same thing.

It's like, suddenly, I can't go anywhere.

So I go away and come back. Then it's usually OK.
I'm on dial up, on a very old computer, so I can hardly expect it to be great, can I?

But still, usually I get around well enough, and that's good enough for me :D

gregory
06-01-2006, 06:46
I think we in the UK may be luckier because of the time difference.... I get problems occasionally (I'm on dial up too) but not as often as most posters seem to be getting.

Lillie
06-01-2006, 11:42
Woo Hoo! for being in Britain! Yay! :D

gregory
06-01-2006, 21:16
I wish I could seriously agree..... :(

OakDragon
07-01-2006, 05:23

What a gloomy gus! Are you halfway up a Pennine or is the Pennine half way up you? :P

Lillie
07-01-2006, 06:56

Oh Gregory!

We all know it's a nasty hole in the ground really.

Do you know that they are going to have cameras connected to computers so they can track us every minuite of every day?

Got to be the thought police next!

But still, I'm British, so who else can I cheer for?

gregory
07-01-2006, 08:53
Precisely, Lillie - but luckily only on classified roads - which lets out a whole lot of mine. And as I have a Canadian passport, whatever happens, I can hold off on ID cards till the next election, when I think they will go away anyway. The DNA bank now......... (oops, time to go to the hidden threads.... :| I would say more, but.....)

No Oakie- looking at the Pennines is actually quite cheering this time of year as the lawn doesn't need mowing. And if the road gets iced up -well I have some annual leave I have to shed before April 1 !!

tmgrl2
07-01-2006, 09:36
Solandia has commented on this in the Announcements Forum.

It took me ten minutes just now of timed out pages and reopening to get this thread to open. I have a fast cable modem and computer and when this happens here at AT, I am still moving around quickly on other websites. So...I'm sure Solandia is working hard as always to keep things moving.

terri

gregory
08-01-2006, 02:29
May we hope for a server that can cope with us all..... ? It was four hours before I could get in today and I am part way through a (to me !! :D) vital trade !

Antenna
08-01-2006, 02:53
YES!!! Just now, in fact.....I have been getting stuck, booted out and frustrated at being in sloooow motion! I immediately thought it was my computer, but then found I had no problems on other websites. :(

I hope this is only a temporary glitch....we shall see!

me too!!!! kind of frustrating huh... i had to keep refreshing the page for it to load. maybe there are too many users online... hehe overload! well in a positive way it means that this forum is hot!!! :party:

Solandia
08-01-2006, 12:16
gregory and others, what time of day is the really slow loading occurring for you?

~ Solandia

Little Baron
08-01-2006, 20:11
Took me about 15 mins this morning. It was about 9.30, if that helps, Solandia.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being in the Uk, since Gregory and I have the same problem. I know little about computers and the net so don't know if this would make any difference.

LB

Elven
08-01-2006, 21:02
Where as I used to log in once a day and stay here for many hours (yes I know I need a life) I have recently had to log on a few times a day because I cant access posts. They just dont want to come up. So I get all huffy and log off - but I cant resist and try again later. (At least the washing up is getting done this way ;))

At the moment I had to come through the members list to get here. The first listing on MSN if you type in 'Aeclectic tarot forum' says "Aeclectic Tarot Forum Aeclectic Tarot Forum Message You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: You are not logged in". - or something to that nature.

Not the best welcoming Ive had - thank goodness I know Im allowed to come here! Then when I press it - it sends me into the membership data list. LOL!!! Then I cant get out!!!
(I always wondered what happens to those names which no one uses anymore!! LOL!!! Now I have plentyof time to look them over and think about it while trying to bring up new posts. LOL!! :P)

Blessings
Elven x

Just to add - Solandia - this 'downtime stuff' will get you up to 1000 posts in no time at this rate!!

gregory
09-01-2006, 00:25
gregory and others, what time of day is the really slow loading occurring for you?

~ SolandiaIt's not so much slow it's NO. ("cannot access this page" thing from Explorer)

Between about 9 am and 3 pm UK time seems to be the WORST for me but it can hit any time. Sometimes by going straight to the main page (tarotforum.net) rather than use my shortcuts, I can see the forums - but if I try new posts or find a member or watched threads - instant white screen. After three or four shots I give up, as from experience now I know it will take time to settle.

tmgrl2
09-01-2006, 05:10
I'll have to note the time of day next time...but when it hits, I can wait up to several minutes, then the page is expired and I start over. Doesn't help if I hit "stop" and then refresh either...so I just give up and come back another time.

Right now...going smoothly and quickly.

terri

gregory
09-01-2006, 06:18
Likewise - right now (20.18 UK time) it's all fine. This morning it was - we aren't allowed to use WORDS here, are we :P But it deserved them.....

OakDragon
09-01-2006, 06:21
It was very slow for me to get on today at a little after 12 noon Pacific Time. I even got a browser message a few times that the main page failed to load because it could not connect to http://www.tarotforum.net

Moonbow
09-01-2006, 06:36
Yesterday was the worst so far for me. I agree with LittleBuddha and Gregory, it was between about 10am and 2.30 pm and each page took anything from 4 - 10 minutes to load, and then the pages didn't finish loading. I gave up yesterday and went shopping.

Today is slightly better although for the last hour it's been nearly as bad, and its 20:30 ish now!

PS, I blame it all on Gregory of course, since she said we were having it easier in the UK it been the worst ever. Thanks Gregory :thumbsup:

gregory
09-01-2006, 06:42
WELL - I have to say it has been OK for me for the last hour or so..... touch wood.... (I am on dial up BTW)

Sorry Moonbow* :|

sharpchick
09-01-2006, 06:54
It's now 2:56 p.m. CDT for me, and I am having difficulty with all pages loading. Add me to the list of whiny babies who must feed their addiction frequently on the weekend. :eek:

tmgrl2
09-01-2006, 07:42
Right after my last post, everything slowed down at AT to almost a Stop..

Couldn't post, search, open....long waits and then "page expired."

This just opened now. I was going to post this then, but couldn't get it done.

terri

WhiteRaven
09-01-2006, 07:55
I had the same problem as Terri around 15h30 Eastern Time

huredriel
09-01-2006, 08:00
Right after my last post, everything slowed down at AT to almost a Stop..

Couldn't post, search, open....long waits and then "page expired."

This just opened now. I was going to post this then, but couldn't get it done.

terri
Yep me too ........ on and off for the past week :(

OakDragon
09-01-2006, 10:00
Back on at 4 PM here (PT) and access is lickety split! :D

tmgrl2
09-01-2006, 10:37
7:37pm, New York...clipping along now...

terri

Elven
09-01-2006, 11:44
Around 1am 9/1/2006 - Australia (East Coast) it slowed down here. It also seems to happen around about 7pm - some days too.

Blessings
Elven x

sharpchick
09-01-2006, 11:56
7:59 p.m. CDT here, and no problems at all. :D

Elven
09-01-2006, 18:04
Yep - 9/1/06 - its 7:01pm here and Im in trouble - slow loading - cant find server. Just confirming the time I put up before.
Blessings
Elven x

gregory
10-01-2006, 08:06
Excellent now (22.00 British time) Have you enough times now, Solandia ??!

Little Baron
10-01-2006, 08:09
Excellent now (22.00 British time) Have you enough times now, Solandia ??!

Fine here for me as well.

LB

OakDragon
10-01-2006, 12:02
I still have not had any problems since my last post. Hooray! Plus, I am also now using DSL instead of dialup, so that will help.

WhiteRaven
10-01-2006, 12:34
21h21 here and it's really, really slow loading...

OakDragon
10-01-2006, 12:45
About five minutes after I last posted here, it started getting really slow. Apparently, I'm not helping any. Everything really slows down after I post in this thread, so I think I'll stop posting here! :D

Jewel-ry
10-01-2006, 18:26
I am having probs too but really only noticeable in the last few days.

Everything is so slow and its happening more and mor often. Sometimes its so bad, I don't get on at all and give up. Its not the internet in general because I can get onto anything else with no probs. I am also having trouble with the time-out on new posts. They disappear before I have finished reading them!

gregory
10-01-2006, 18:54
I still have not had any problems since my last post. Hooray! Plus, I am also now using DSL instead of dialup, so that will help.
DON'T COUNT ON IT (I see you have already found this !) I get the same phenomenon at work !

Interesting though - it is often the new posts that are the worst for coming up....

8:58 am in the UK and all well just now.... But nice to be able to blame Oakie; a couple of days ago someone was blaming me..... :P

sharpchick
10-01-2006, 19:12
3:14 a.m. CDT Tuesday in the southern US - it took this page almost five minutes to load (I refreshed once), and my other "watched" threads still have not loaded yet.

Obviously, the problem is with AT. Does anyone know exactly what it is?

gregory
10-01-2006, 19:16
Not yet but Solandia is working on it. Part of it may be that we are getting too big for our server - she mentioned that at one point..... Popularity has its price :D

Elven
10-01-2006, 19:35
OK - its sort of not too bad at the moment but Im not holding my breath. Its taken me an hour of trying and waiting for posts to come up - so I turned everything off and started again. :D

7:30 - 8:30pm Australia NSW.

Blessings
Elven x

Solandia
10-01-2006, 21:03
Thanks for all the times. The slowness and inaccessibility is due to server overload, and seems to be happening at random intervals. I've posted in Announcements with some more info...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=691234#post691234

~ Solandia

Satori
10-01-2006, 21:51
I have access but I'm not getting my alerts in my email box from AT.
And I've checked on my watched threads and I'm watching them alright, just not getting the notifications, even tho the instant notification button is pressed.

Any ideas????

Cielo
10-01-2006, 22:05
I seem to have frequent problems logging on the AT and navigating from within the site. It can take minutes but sometimes as much as half an hour for each page to load. It seems to be happening more and more often lately and I understand we will have to be patient until the server problem has been resolved. Still, it's very very annoying!!! :eek: :)

gregory
10-01-2006, 22:31
Is the fact that every time I post today it turns up in duplicate even though I only submit once anything to do with this ???? (someone got 3 identical posts earlier....!)

If not - Solandia, please note !

Whatever, this place is better than work !

xx

Kissa
11-01-2006, 00:10
hi,

for me too things have been quite slow for the last two weeks or so.

every other time i try to post, i get the page cannot be found message / timing out thing. so i know systematically "copy" my message before trying and post it after losing two long answers i wrote and could never post properly.

and i still agree that ATF is the best place in the world :)

kissa

huredriel
11-01-2006, 00:20
Severe withdrawal symptoms these days ......... today I've spent 2 hours this lunchtime refreshing as the AT server is disconnecting me, and this morning had to double post everything cos nothing was going through. Also getting stacks and stacks of time outs and having to refresh all the time ....... wonder what's going on as it's getting worse rather than better :( .......... miserable bunny

lunakasha
11-01-2006, 03:22
More of the same here: getting timed out, slow movement....and now the latest problem: unable to view a new post. It shows up under "new posts" (search) but when I click on the thread to read it....it is not there! :confused: Never had that happen before! (Even when I refresh the page, it is still not showing).

baba-prague
11-01-2006, 03:57
More of the same here: getting timed out, slow movement....and now the latest problem: unable to view a new post. It shows up under "new posts" (search) but when I click on the thread to read it....it is not there! :confused: Never had that happen before! (Even when I refresh the page, it is still not showing).

Phew! Not just me then? I'm getting exactly the same - I think it's why there are more duplicated posts than usual too - because you think you've posted, realise you can't see the post, so post again - whoops.

gregory
11-01-2006, 04:19
Duplicate posts - I think I have this sussed.... I always copy before submitting, for safety and out of laziness.

When it tells me something helpful like lost page, or invalid thread, I open a SECOND (or 17th....) aeclectic window and check new posts. 99.99% of the time my post made it ! If it DIDN'T, then, and only then, I paste what I'd posted into Word or whatever, go back and try posting it again. I have taken to NEVER going to submitting again until I've checked....!

Solandia
16-01-2006, 12:53
I've been able to access the forum as normal in the past few days. Is anyone in the UK or US still experiencing problems loading pages or posting threads?

~ Solandia

Cielo
16-01-2006, 15:51
Just now I have struggled with loading pages on AT and posting, for the last hour or so....same thing happened last night, so things might still not be entirely up to speed.....

OakDragon
16-01-2006, 17:42
Everything has been fine for me the past couple days. Hope I'm not jinxing it! :D

tmgrl2
17-01-2006, 01:01
Posting has been much easier the last few days, Solandia.

Only a couple of delays in opening and uploading, but nothing like before where it took multiple tries and page expirations.

Will check in here and report delays when they occur.

Usually, I go to a bunch of other sites, just to see if things are slow all over.

So far, when I had difficulty at AT, other navigating was smooth.

Definitely better for now.

Thanks, Solandia.

terri

Cielo
23-01-2006, 02:38
Argh!!! Scream!!! Today has been absolutely impossible to access AT, for hours and hours, nothing and to no avail!!! This is getting soooo frustrating, I really hope that this problem will be fixed soon!!! :(

Sulis
23-01-2006, 02:46
Argh!!! Scream!!! Today has been absolutely impossible to access AT, for hours and hours, nothing and to no avail!!! This is getting soooo frustrating, I really hope that this problem will be fixed soon!!! :(

Same here - blank screens, blank posts, blank threads arghhhhhhhh

gregory
23-01-2006, 04:20
Given my current phone line problems I really can't tell - but when I AM on line, I seem to be getting in OK (it is now 18:22 GMT....)

lunakasha
23-01-2006, 04:22
I have also had problems getting on the forum this morning....getting booted off and then unable to get back on. It gets a little frustrating.....:(

Chronata
23-01-2006, 12:43
both yesterday and earlier today I have been having similar problems as others...having a difficult getting on the forum...and then staying on.

Problems with sloooooow access, and timing out.

Duplicate posting.

Threads that are missing...

posts that are missing!
(there is supposibly a post by December Fairy in a thread I started in Creation that I just can't find! I almost thought maybe I had accidently put her on ignore or something! the thread lists 9 replies...but I have posts #9 and 10!)

A lot of stange things like that!

It's a little faster and easier to stay on tonight than it was this morning...and definately better than last night.,..but I am still having some troubles. :(

WhiteRaven
24-01-2006, 00:52
I am posting this for Huredriel at the moment.

Her problem right now is that she can not seem to post anywhere in the forum and has no access whatsoever. This has been going on since early this morning....she is located in the UK. She only can go to www.aeclectic.net......she has no access to www.tarotforum.net.
She has asked me to post in here to bring this to your attention Solandia.

Tk2dsky
24-01-2006, 02:30
I am posting this for Huredriel at the moment.

Her problem right now is that she can not seem to post anywhere in the forum and has no access whatsoever. This has been going on since early this morning....she is located in the UK. She only can go to www.aeclectic.net......she has no access to www.tarotforum.net.
She has asked me to post in here to bring this to your attention Solandia.I am having the exact same problem....for the heck of it I tried accessing through my AOL account rather than internet explorer and it worked. Now I am really confused.
Ericka

raeanne
24-01-2006, 03:05
Hi all,
I have a little suggestion. Instead of using words like "today", "this morning", and "yesterday", could we all maybe give the actual date. I don't always get a chance to login on the weekends. If it has been a day or two since I logged in, I'm not always sure if the "today" mentioned in the thread is the same as my "today". I know I can look to see how long ago the message was posted but it just seems more user friendly if the actual date is listed. This is just an idea and I certainly won't have my feelings hurt if y'all disagree. Thanks for listening.

Tk2dsky
24-01-2006, 04:21
1/22/06 about 7:00 pm PST and the problem is still occurring........can access through my AOL account only....not Internet explorer

Cielo
24-01-2006, 04:59
*Big loooong sigh of despair....*

I couldn't get in last night and all day today. Finally I had to change my own IP address in order to get reasonable access.....But before that I lost a number of posts and PM's as well. I truly hope this problem will be fixed soon...my poor nerves are frazzled! :D

December Fairy
24-01-2006, 08:16
The only problem I've had is sometimes getting the forum page to open. It times out. But I can get to any of the other areas.

Little Baron
24-01-2006, 08:20
Tonight has been ok so far, but last night, I noticed that it usually starts timing out for me, with no return, after about 11pm.

LB

Arania
24-01-2006, 10:42
It keeps happening that the browser reports no connection. Took me quite a while to post something tonight. Occassionally, my post will go through but the browser will claim it has not.

Lillie
24-01-2006, 10:46
23rd Jan 05.

Had trouble getting in a couple of times, between about 8.00pm and midnight. GMT (british time)

Kept having to try, till I got here.

Solandia
24-01-2006, 15:14
Hi all,

Apologies for the difficulties in reaching the forum - the server move will fix the majority of these problems. There's an announcement about the upgrade at:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=700140

~ Solandia

Solandia
24-01-2006, 15:17
WhiteRaven - thanks for passing the message along. I've sent an email to huredriel.

To anyone else having problems accessing the entire forum for more than an hour at a time, please find out your IP address through this page (http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/), and send me an email (email@tarotforum.net) with the IP address and details of when you first noticed the problem. Thank you.

~ Solandia

huredriel
24-01-2006, 20:04
Thanks WR and Solandia, I am now in ...... but from my work pc ..... which is obviously on a different server, shall check out the one from home tonight :)

OakDragon
25-01-2006, 02:28
That page is not giving me my correct IP address. It does warn us that it won't if we're using a router or proxy, but I am using neither. The only thing between me and the 'Net is a DSL modem.

Solandia
25-01-2006, 11:13
Hi OakDragon, you probably have a different internal IP address, which can be a bit confusing. The page (http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/) shows your external IP address, the one that the Internet sees.

~ Solandia

OakDragon
25-01-2006, 11:17
Ah, ok. I'm not familiar with such things. That would explain it.

Jewel-ry
25-01-2006, 17:22
After two days of not being able to get in at all, my problem now seems OK.

Just wanted to let you know (again) Solandia that I am in now and thanks for your help.

:)

rcb30872
25-01-2006, 19:48
Well, since about 23rd January 2006, roughly 10pm (according to my local time, Perth, Western Australia), until 25th January 2006, roughly 11.30am, I have had no access whatsoever, I have managed to find someone who could pass on some messages on to a few people for me.

In the end, out of pure frustration, and not knowing what else to do, I e-mailed Solandia, which asked me to do a few things, which I did, one of them including the IP address, the other was a traceroute thing. After getting word back from her, I have had found access a lot easier, there seemed to be a few problems with replying to threads, and accessing certain threads, but the problem seems to have rectified itself.

I am just so glad to be here, after a very long 36 hours!

Will have to second Jewel-ry, thank you Solandia for your help, much appreciated.

((((((((((Solandia))))))))))

:love:

Bec

gregory
25-01-2006, 21:10
Thanks for all your hard work on this, Solandia - just thought it was worth another mention that you really are doing your best and it is appreciated !!! :love:

huredriel
26-01-2006, 05:02
I can get in from home now ......... ah bliss ......... no painful withdrawal over the coming weekend :) ........ huge thanks to Solandia and her support team for working so hard to get the problems sorted!!!!!!

a_shikhs
29-01-2006, 20:28
Hi i am suddenly facing a problem here.. I signed back again after a few hours.. my last posts are there but i cant access the new posts in any of the threads.. Please help.. :(

Solandia
29-01-2006, 20:31
Hi there - which threads are you having problems with, and what kind of error message are you receiving?

~ Solandia

a_shikhs
29-01-2006, 20:39
Hi.. With all the threads. I had posted a reply a few hours ago in the confusion thread in "using tarot card" forum.. Though i can see new posts in that thread on the screen, but when i actually click on that thread, the last post is mine which was written a few hours ago.. I am facing the same problem in all the threads.. I can access any new posts.. Plz help.. :(

Solandia
29-01-2006, 20:58
I checked the 'Confusion' thread and it was all working properly for me, so it's possible you're seeing an old cached version of the thread. I'd suggest refreshing the page to get the latest copy (Ctrl-F5 if you're using the Internet Explorer browser or Ctrl-R in Firefox).

~ Solandia

a_shikhs
29-01-2006, 22:06
Hi Solandia,
I am still facing the same problem.. I have refreshed all the pages but i still cant see any new posts.. :( Help......

Solandia
29-01-2006, 22:17
It doesn't seem to be a problem with the Forum, so I'd also suggest deleting the files in your browser cache to make sure you are getting the latest copy of the page. To do this in Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options and click on the 'Delete Files'...' button in the 'Temporary Internet Files' section, then click OK.

~ Solandia

a_shikhs
30-01-2006, 02:52
Thanks a million Solandia.. I deleted all the temporary files and now i can access AT comfortably.. Whew.. :) It feels so good here.. :D

OakDragon
31-01-2006, 04:30
Responsiveness has been fine here for the last several days! *crosses fingers*

a_shikhs
07-02-2006, 21:26
Well i seem to have one more problem now.. I am not able to browse through the forums properly. When i open any thread, i am not able to read the whole post. Only half the post appears on the screen. And when some member has quoted something, i am unable to read it. Only the word 'Quote' comes and then there is nothing written below.. I tried refreshing all the pages, but no use..

Please help.. :(

Edited to add:I noticed one more thing now.. I cant see any online users on my screen..

OakDragon
02-03-2006, 08:23
Watched thread and PM emails seem to all be coming promptly again! YAY! :)

Satori
02-03-2006, 09:27
yes, mine too!
I went over and manually reprogrammed my watched threads and did this two days consecutively. But perhaps I didn't need to!