Energy of Selenite

sharpchick

I recently purchased a selenite sphere about 3 inches in diameter. It is an exceptionally beautiful sphere, complete with a 1/2 inch or so diameter window all the way through. My intended use for the sphere is to represent the Goddess aspect on my altar. (I have my eye on a similarly sized obsidian sphere to represent the God - one which I expect could also be very good for scrying.)

When I got the sphere home to examine it closely, I had the the most intense experience I've ever had with a crystal. I held it in my hands, sort of cradling it to look it over from all sides. As I brought it closer to my face, I felt the pulse in my neck begin to throb, and the area around my throat became quite warm - not uncomfortably so, but it was very noticeable. My palms continued to tingle for a few moments even after I had replaced the sphere on its stand.

I know selenite can be used to charge other crystals, and had assumed it had significant energy. But I was very surprised to see just how much energy this sphere actually had. Does anyone have experience working with selenite, and if so, does the stone maintain that level of energy?

Kirranan

I've used Selenite a little though I've neglected it more than I should.
I was informed when I purchased it that it can be used to channel light/higher beings. I personally have never experienced it but Selenite & celestite are being used for 'contacting' higher frequencies. Did you feel like saying anything or thinking something out loud during the experience?

Its also a good one for bones esp the back. If you have had any kind of back pain it could be something to do with that, because from your neck to your coquix will be aligned by Selenite.

I've experienced it as a very gentle subtle effect over extended use but I think each person has one or two crystals they resonate particulary well to so the effects are somewhat amplified.
Or it could have just been very pleased to meet you :)

sharpchick

Kirranan said:
I personally have never experienced it but Selenite & celestite are being used for 'contacting' higher frequencies. Did you feel like saying anything or thinking something out loud during the experience?

No, I don't recall anything like that. It was a very physical experience, the intensity of which was surprising to me.

Kirranan said:
Or it could have just been very pleased to meet you :)

The attraction is quite mutual. I have never felt so drawn to a stone before, and I have quite a few, many very striking.