PDA

View Full Version : card backs

diane drizzy
03-01-2006, 00:36
like the fact that the backs of the cards are being shown now on the site presentations for the newer decks added to listings.
maybe this can later be considered for the decks already in the system?

lunakasha
03-01-2006, 05:26
This is an excellent resource for looking at card backs of older decks:

http://learntarot.com/decklist.htm

It also gives dimensions....perfect for finding/creating a coordinating bag!

:) Luna

diane drizzy
03-01-2006, 07:53
lunakasha-thanks

Little Baron
03-01-2006, 08:08
I noticed this as well. Also, I noticed that there seem to be more samples than before.

Thanks team!

Best, LB

diane drizzy
03-01-2006, 10:05
yes i saw that and figured if they can update some of the other decks on the forum.
a silly i know-but i've bypassed some decks if the backs are too unacttractive

Solandia
03-01-2006, 11:08
Hi diane,

Thanks for the feedback! Back images (and extra cards) have been included for most new decks (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/new.shtml) on Aeclectic Tarot for the past few months.

I intend to have the backs on display for the rest of the decks as well, eventually. The older decks I am scanning in as time allows, but if anyone is able to assist by scanning in the back from one of their decks and emailing (email@tarotforum.net) it to me, that would be most appreciated.

~ Solandia

LadyMedusa
03-01-2006, 13:06
Solandia,

Before I warm up the scanner, I have a few questions.

Is there a size that you prefer for the scans?
What about format?
Do you need only one back per scan? (I can fit 6-8 cards on my scanner without crowding).

LadyMedusa

Solandia
03-01-2006, 14:58
Hi LadyMedusa,

Is there a size that you prefer for the scans?
What about format?

A resolution of 200dpi or higher is ideal (in order to show the most detail) and a file format of PSD, TIFF, or high quality JPEG.

Do you need only one back per scan? (I can fit 6-8 cards on my scanner without crowding).

1-2 cards per scan would probably be better; more than that and the file size may grow too large to email.

~ Solandia