do you always 'run into' the same star signs?

powdermonkey

This has been bothering me for awhile now.. I seem to encounter people of various sun signs again and again, while other signs have virtually no knowledge of.

For instance, I've made a habit of remembering people's sun signs for about seven or eight years. I have known many virgos, far too many scorpios, a fair smattering of leos and capricorns and the odd pisces. But other signs - aries, gemini, libra, cancer - are completely foreign to me. No notable friends, co-workers or family members. And oddly, I have no real idea of saggitarians other than myself.

Now, I'm sure it's probably just a numbers thing. I've always had pretty small groups of friends through school, my workplaces have been small, I don't have a large extended family. So the base of people I'm taking these observations from is not really broad enough for reliable statistics. I'm a fan of the logical explanation and I'd really like to put it down to co-incidence, but it's just so ODD.

Do you guys find you run into particular sun signs over and over again? What are your thoughts - coincidence? Or is is possible some people are just 'drawn' into encounters with particular signs?

sharpchick

powdermonkey said:
Do you guys find you run into particular sun signs over and over again? What are your thoughts - coincidence? Or is is possible some people are just 'drawn' into encounters with particular signs?

I think the latter is part of the explanation. At least part of our personality "quirks" can be related to Sun sign, I think. And it's not so odd to see that some people are drawn to some personality types and not others, and so would be more likely to make acquaintance with the people to whom they were drawn by personality.

As you already noted, the size of the "crowd" a person hangs with - for business, family gatherings, pleasure, etc. - would also have bearing on how many of which Sun sign one would meet. In my profession (legal), I have noted a preponderance of the Sun signs who tend to have assertive traits to their personalities. Since the law deals so much with logic and is largely fact-based, it does not tend to draw and retain people who are more esoteric. . .

rainwolf

I've noticed it for a while and even in other people. One of my friends always seems to date scorpios. I think I have a lot of earth signs around me, and few air signs. I only have a little gemini and aquarius in my chart, so I can only get a glimpse of how they are.

I'm not sure why it happens, but I think some of us seem to draw certain types, but it is probably just an unconscious, unnoticable thing.

powdermonkey

I'm glad I haven't just dreamed it up, then :D sharpchick, I'd say you're right for most cases, certain personality types finding themselves in similar situations. The workplace idea is an interesting one - I work in hospitality, I've never really considered if my current workplace has a lot of one sign or the other.. something to investigate!

The thing I find weird is that in my life, this 'trend' is the same for people i have no choice meeting.. family members, people i've come to be friends with over a long time, who i wouldn't necessarily have gravitated to easily upon meeting.. so I can't put it down entirely to compatible personalities!

feticeira

You certainly haven´t dreamt this up, it happens to me too, and I´ve talked about it with people that realized that they too seem to run into the same signs.
For example, I´m always surrounded by libras. It´s almost ridiculous how many.
Then someone in this forum made me notice that my third house (which stands for communication) is in libra. Also, I have Pluto in libra bringing all sorts of intensity to my perpetual interation with libras.
Makes sense, no?
There´s probably a way to figure these things out with your chart too!

drug

Yes it happens to me as well. I keep meeting aquarians and libras, a number of every other signs. I never meet Arians or Cancerians, for a couple of years now.

Free Flight

I agree with this it is very common and it is interesting what feticeira said that there must be some link with your chart.

For a period of about 5 years everyone I dated and most of my friends were Leos. Now most of the Leos have dropped out of my life (apart from my beautiful son) but I seem to have a mass of Geminis in the ranks. ...but then again as feticeira says I have a lot of gemini in my chart.

On the other side, I have known virtually no Libras, no Picies and no Sagos...so there you go....

Someone once said to me (and I know this is not definitive as sun signs make up little of one's true chart) that if the people in your life reflect one or more predominant star sign then you are lacking in these attributes.

For example when I knew a lot of Leos I needed a little fire and confidence in myself and in my life and these people were there to teach me that.
Each sign would have the stereotypical thing attached to it that would indicate the lack of whatever one would need to learn.

Anyone know though what the Gemini would be there to teach? I am stumped on that one! Guess if I knew though they would disappear and next lesson would come in

powdermonkey

I'm no expert, but I guess 'stereotypically' gemini would have to do with communication, and maybe attention to small details? also of course duality is a theme with gemini.. maybe getting to know contrasting sides of yourself or something!

I haven't ever done an indepth birth chart on myself, something i'd like to do but never get around to. also, i have to wait for my mother to get back from holiday so i can ask her about my birth time. i'm faaairly sure, however, that my moon and ascendant are both gemini.. but still i haven't known any. maybe there's enough gemini in my chart that i don't 'need' to meet them?

rainwolf

Jupiter is the depositer in my chart for every planet. In the natural chart, the twelfth house, attributed to pisces, taurus rules. My sun is in the sixth house, which (in the natural chart) is virgo. These two signs seem to show up more often than most.

I have only noticed a slight outnumbering of these signs however, so it is not very pronounced for me. I also have noticed a lot of everything in my chart so maybe I dont have that "vibe" that only attracts certain types.

And I've noticed other sagittarius's to not like me :confused:

rainwolf

Free Flight said:
Anyone know though what the Gemini would be there to teach? I am stumped on that one! Guess if I knew though they would disappear and next lesson would come in
Gemini to me has quick speed in most of what they do. They tend to try to connect to others through communication, mainly verbal which is their nature. I would see the gemini lesson as to not take life so seriously and connect with others, as this is usually a superficial relationship.