eclipse on march 29, 2006 - help?

mysticme

can someone tell me how to check my chart to find out if this eclipse will be substantial for me?

any help would be most appreciated.. thanks so much!!!

Lillie

Hi.

I have just looked in my my diary and checked.
It is a total eclipse of the sun, in an arc from Brazil to mongolia. With a lot of other places getting a partial.

I'll have to watch out for it. I love eclipses.

But, in a chart, surely it would only show as the same sun/moon conjunction that occurs at every new moon?
As a chart is all on a flat plane (2d), and it is the allignment on the third plane that makes it an eclipse rather than just the usual passing of each other.

So, I don't think there would be anything in a chart to tell you that an eclipse is happening.
Or would there be?

But, as you already know that that particular conjunction is an eclipse, then wouldn't you just look at the aspects to it?

Here in the UK it will only be partial.
Does anyone know how much will be covered?

I'm sorry, all this probably isn't much help to you.
But your question got me thinking about wether or not an eclipse could be identified by looking at a chart.

star-lover

dont know what sign/degree this eclipse is in
but you can put your details into astro.com and find if it impacts any of your placements

also jonathancainer.com - whats my sign you can find your personal chart details

lillie i love eclipses too the 1999 one was awesome

mysticme

ok, here's my chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...filewKxdJv-u1054681426&nhor=2&go.x=23&go.y=12

these are the dates and degrees of the two eclipses i'm curious about:

March 14, 2006 - 24°Virgo 15 ' - Full Moon at the South Node

March 29, 2006 - 8°Aries 35' - New Moon at the North Node

it just seemed that last year the eclipses effected me a lot and i wanted to find out how to see if these might be whammy's too! :) do i simply look where i have virgo and aries or do i look for places i have 24 and 8 degrees?

thanks so much for your help! i'm eager to learn.. :)

dadsnook2000

Venus -- that's the place.

mysticme, your Venus is a degree or so from the eclipse point. So, you can blend the meanings of the Sun, Moon and Venus together to get an indication of the sort of effects this eclipse might have for you. You will need to consider whether your Venus has been responsive to transits before this -- and by which planets. This will further indicate the range of possiblities for you. Finally, you might consider what Venus-type-of-things you are doing now that this eclipse might energize. Dave

mysticme

dadsnook2000 said:
mysticme, your Venus is a degree or so from the eclipse point. So, you can blend the meanings of the Sun, Moon and Venus together to get an indication of the sort of effects this eclipse might have for you. You will need to consider whether your Venus has been responsive to transits before this -- and by which planets. This will further indicate the range of possiblities for you. Finally, you might consider what Venus-type-of-things you are doing now that this eclipse might energize. Dave

thanks dave! what do you mean "consider whether your venus has been responsive to transits before this -- and by which planets." .... do you mean look back at previous eclipses and see if my venus was close in degrees??? :) :)

dadsnook2000

No

No, what I mean is -- "Is your natal Venus sensitive to transits by other planets?" If you have note that some transits to your Venus have resulted in a significant experience of some sort, what transiting planet was it? Now, does that (if any) planet have an aspect to your natal Venus? At the time of the eclipse does that same planet have any kind of aspect to Venus? Once a planet such as your Venus is sensitive to a specific planet's transit, almost any aspect (square, trine, opposition, etc.) will trigger a reaction. If any of this is true then you can blend Sun, Moon, Venus and "Planet" together in terms of their energies to see what type of thing might happen.

It is not likely that you'll find many previous eclipses on your natal Venus position -- if you do, they may have happened so long ago that you don't remember what happened. So, I wouldn't spend much time looking for these.

Dave

Tauriosiris

haha hopefully it'll be significant for me somehow... it is afterall on my birthday :) Anyone know how visible it'll be to the UK?

einhverfr

A solar eclipse is not just like a new moon. It also includes a lunar node. In this case, the North Node. In general, I see the North Node as being like the north point on a compass. It is a directional and guiding force, but can also indicate a need to face certain crises head-on.

It is a very fascinating chart and set of transits. I suppose that it may indicate many interesting things for different people. It certainly portends interesting trends for me, I think :)

Note that the position of various planets, and the house cusps may be more important than the sun sign generally.

wizzle

A lot of the asto sites will provide a list of transits against a natal chart for those who don't have the time to view their own aspects. The nice thing about this type of list is that it generally shows when the transit starts, culminates and ends. And you can make notes of anything that happens or doesn't happen during the transit.