PDA

View Full Version : Citrine

Sienna
07-01-2006, 07:25
My Citrine crystal arrived today :) It was advertised as being the natural kind, i.e not heat treated. The thing that intrigues me about it is that is cool to the touch definately cooler than room temperature - is this possible? or my imagination? I am not very experienced with crystals this is my first one, other than a moonstone I have which is smaller than the citrine and not as cold. When I hold it in my hands it still stays cool, but when I hold a wine glass for the same length of time that gets warm!

Am feeling a bit weird now! (but in a good way)

Ruby7
08-01-2006, 12:32
Hi Sienna,

Congratulations on the arrival of your citrine crystal.

Most crystals do feel cool to the touch, if you wear it against your skin for a while you will notice that it warms up and can become quite hot. Different crystals will warm up at different rates (conduction of heat/energy) so I'm not surprised that your moonstone feels different.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!

All the best,
Ruby7

Little Eagle
10-01-2006, 16:12
Unfortunatly so much Citrine is treated Amethyst, that you have to go on intuition or a good stockist at the time. The only difference between citrine and Amethyst is the amount of Iron at the time of inception. My natural citrine is almost like a smoky see through yellow. The weird feeling will be the crystal's centering properties and the release of karmic baggage but that's a thread on iit's own

Namaste

Tarotphelia
12-01-2006, 05:27
Hi Sienna ,

It is absolutely right for real stones to be very very cold. In fact, this is one way to tell if you are getting the real thing. For example, when buying a real stone necklace it will be much colder than glass , and plastic will be warmer than both.