Book of Shadows....

Ambience

Is this only for usage to put spells in or can i put my spreads in from tarot?

Thanks
Love *& Light, Janey xx

BlueLeaf

A book of shadows is meant to be a diary of your spiritual growth. So if Tarot and spreads fall into that category for you, then by all means! I keep a few spells, but also recipes, readings, dreams I've had, reactions to books I've read. My book looks and acts remarkably similarly to a regular journal.

Spirit2Celeste

I have a section in my BOS for Tarot. I keep some of the spreads I use in it as well as some of the personal readings that I have.

For me it is part of my spiritual journey, so I believe it has home in my BOS. I also have seperate journals for readings I do for others and for study that I do with tarot.

I actually have so many journals I will soon need a whole bookshelf for them.

By all means, I think a section for tarot is appropriate in the BOS.

Hope this helps.

Celeste

ArcanoMáximo

To me my Agenda ( Callender?) is my "Book of Shadow", but there all what i have is notes about Tarot, but iu think that there are many spells you can do with your Tarot cards, for example changing the card of the overcome in a general reading...actually...isn't the "Tarot a Book of Shadow" itself, after all :)?

darknesslight

I don't quite keep a Book of Shadows myself, but my impression of it is that it is essentially whatever the owner needs it to be. Other people have already said this, but you can place your experiences, tarot readings, spreads, spells, personal notes, etc. It's almost like an extension of you.

tarotbear

A journal is a very important thing. A BOS can be a journal, and a journal can be a BOS. But with the amount of Tarot stuff I write down, the non-tarot stuff would get lost! So, although I agree with the 'do whatever works best for you' approach, I still think a Tarot Journal should be a separate thing.

Tongodiva

Bos :)

I'm a journal freak. I've kept all sorts of journals , from interior design ideas, to dream, to daily. My most recent project is a Mystical journal. I guess you could call it a BOS. I got a scrapbook (that you find at your arts and crafts store, oversized foto album type size) and parchment paper. Then I got my trusty set of calligraphy pens and inks and away I go. :) It's a lovely sort of meditation and study for me. I sink myself completely into what I'm writing and so it's a way for me to study and connect with what I've learned and picked up from here :) Lately there's been a ton of 'entries' ;) Baaad Aeclectic! *grin*

Tongo the Scribe :)

Nocturnal Lure

Charmed and such...

The name "Book of shadows" always gives me a fluffy bunnie, Charmed, the Craft sort of feeling, but I'm a grumpy sort of witch that way.

I prefer to use the word Grimoire...

Anyway, I feel a grimoire, journal or book of shadows is ideal for noting spreads in, just like you would make notes of any other important divinatory findings. However if I were to write down all my readings it would be quite full in a very short time, so it might be wise to just write down the important and relevant spreads.

However I myself don't keep a Grimoire anymore, my body is getting covered in tattoos, that and my artwork and poems are slowly becomming a grimoire on their own (with hidden meanings, symbols and spells), and important spreads are read committed to memory and used, for me they are a snapshot in time anyway and they can loose their relevance within days or weeks.

Ambience

Hehe I love charmed! Watch it everyday!

Does anyone know where i can get a book of shadows with the charmed logo on it? I've seen one in amazon but it's £17.99, is this normal. Seems abit pricy for a book of paper lol :) I'm looking forward to writing everything in it though, i love writing and recording things..

Thanks for all your views, very interesting !
Love *& Light, Janey xx

reagun ban

Nocturnal Lure said:
The name "Book of shadows" always gives me a fluffy bunnie, Charmed, the Craft sort of feeling, but I'm a grumpy sort of witch that way.
I see exactly where you're coming from but for all you know, she's a HPs of a lineaged coven. I never use the term, but when I was an initiate, my HPs used it. This would have been early 2001 so it was before charmed came out over here (Ireland).
Since then I've changed spiritual paths and every time I use someone I don't know refer to a BoS, I shudder.