Did a reading with a few surprises and repretitions

Nuncle

Hi all.

I know there have been many threads about repetitive cards in spreads and shuffling, but here's an interesting combination of those. It surprised me, but really blew my friend away.

Last night I did a reading for a close friend. I had done a general Celtic Cross for her about two months ago. She wanted another gerneral question. I did a double horseshoe (14 cards) to try to get at other issues.

So, in the previous Celtic Cross reading, card 3 (foundation) was the Tower and card 4 (receding influences) was the 7 of cups. She's dealing with having left her husband and trying to gain perspective (it's been a very long process). Last night, in the horseshoe, guess what cards 3 and 4 were? The Tower and 7 of Cups, respectively. In this case, these cards referred to the present. Amazing.

I'm think the cards were in the present this time because she has not resolved anything--actually has taken a step or two backwards, these cards are signifying stasis in the present. But it really surprised both of us, to say the least.

Now, one of the cards in the "past" position was the Knight of Swords and a card in the "near future" was the Queen of Swords. I think these represent different facets of her trying to find the truth, the "just" solution.

So, after the reading, I put all the cards individually back into the deck and started shuffling hand over hand while we spoke about the reading and other stuff. But the Knight of Swords kept falling out, flying out, sticking out. Every single time a card fell out it was the Knight of Swords. Once it fell out the with Queen of Cups which was also in the reading.

Ok, here what's really strange. She was surprised to see this card turning up over and over. I said "It must be important to you right now." I explained that the cards do odd things. I shuffled again and cut (really opened) the deck in the middle and the exposed card on the bottom of the top half--guess what? The Knight of Swords.

I shuffled again a few times, layed the deck down, cut in thirds and turned over the top card on each pile--Knight of Swords, Queen of Swords (from the near furture), and 10 of Pentacles. A past--near future--ultimate outcome spread, I think. The 10 of Pentacles reflected/reinforced, I believe, the 10 of Cups from the earlier celtic cross where it was in a similar position, and also reflected the general tenor of the total outcome of this reading.

I've had repetitive cards while shuffling, I've seen cards repeat in different readings, but never anything so repetitive and insistent like this, and part of it two months later!

I suppose I would be a little freaked out if it weren't so cool! I just had to share this. :cool2::):bugeyed:

But I was also wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the cards that repeated, or anybody have an experience like this before?

Nuncle

namesoftrees

not so much so

Nuncle, you must've felt quite amazing! I think it's interesting the way the queen of cups represents the emotional/ the INTUITION and I think love. Maybe a general lovingness. The kind of happiness and sense of unconditional love that helps us rise away from the hurt of ties with one person in this lifetime, and also it's the kind of love-state that leaves us best able to tap into the divination of the cards.
I know you're reading for someone else, but maybe there's an aspect of self as medium in another's reading too. Or maybe there's the possibility of her sensitivity enabling a strong throuroughfare?

whaddayathink?

regards, namesoftrees

Nuncle

Hi there nameoftrees (not for short?)

Well, I have known this friend for quite sometime, and have been quite close in the past. Even though she lives about 90 miles away now, we keep in touch and visit quite a bit. So, yeah, there could have been an emotional sort of connection influencing the cards, if that's what you were suggesting. What was interesting about the Queen of Cups is that in the reading the card was in the position of the Gate or the necessary experience or lesson, and it's companion card was the King of Swords--perfect representation of her and her ex, but also of her conflicted attitudes. When they both fell out of the deck together (after many shuffles) it just seemed to be a commentary.

I do think that the reader appears to a certain extent in a reading for others. Certainly in the interpretation, but also perhaps in the cards that appear to describe the situation. Maybe with someone a reader knows well, the crossing influences may be even stronger.

Nuncle

namesoftrees

Interesting stuff

I've just done a reading rather by accident for someone for the first time. Free flight was alarmed at a burglary, and followed my suggestion to do a relationship reading for each of two potential perpetrators. She has posted her readings on the your readings site, and also sent them to me because I can't go in the your readings site yet.

I've spent an hour or so bouncing off her cards but also off her own words, and I think I've done a good reading. It's my first ever though, and the stakes are high. So it was with some feeling of enormity that I sent it off to her. What if I was visualizing my own ideas entirely? It's a strange sense of responsibility, and yet it was 'in the cards'. At least I think it was. I don't remember what this thread was called, but the magic of allowing the magic to happen, like your repeated cards. is simply astounding to me.
responsibility: ability to respond.

p.s. yes namesoftrees is short for allthenamesofallthetrees.
no:D, I liked the words in it. I like wordplay. Well, it's night here so see how we go.. and looking forward to it,
names.