More on Algol and fixed star approach

einhverfr

I have decided to work with fixed stars both via projected ecliptical degrees (using equatorial poles) and parans (rising, settings, culminations, etc). Unfortunately this makes things all the more interesting regarding my wife's chart.

In general I have adopted the methodology outlined in Brady's Book of Fixed Stars with a couple of notable exceptions:

1) I use projected ecliptical degrees as sort of a weaker equivalent to co-rising.

2) I will interpret stars in paran relationships with planets beyond Saturn provided that the nature of the star seems to be counter to the prevailing aspects on the planet. For example, Antares rises with my Neptune and is signficant here because Neptune only has sextile and trine (soft) ptolomeic aspects but these aspects connect with the ends of a very highly charged T-Square, so Neptune is otherwise on the receiving end of this energy. Hence Neptune's role in mediating the T-Square is somewhat reduced.

General rule here is beneficient star in paran with planet that only has soft aspects becomes incredibly important. One that is in paran with a planet that only has hard aspects softens (providing an internal "release valve"), strengthening the planet and star but weaking the aspects.

A malific star in paran with a planet with only soft aspects (esp. with afflicted planets) becomes especially prominant. A malific star in paran with a planet with only hard (in particular the square, though opposition also counts) aspects may be more hidden, but will add to the hardship and energy of the hard aspects.

Not only is the moon conjunct Algol via projected ecliptical degrees, but Algol is also the helical rising star in her chart. Yes, she has some dental problems and grinds her teeth in her sleep, but what I am mostly worried about is her state of mind. Tragedy-wise, she has not been substantially more victimized than most of the rest of her generation in Indonesia. I.e. nothing bad happened to her during the riots when Soharto fell, etc. But she acts as if she has been. I don't really know the answers here, and I am hoping to help find them before this ends in divorce.