PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happening

rcb30872
12-01-2006, 11:02
I know this is not exactly the correct place to put this, but there have been a few things going on in regards to my posts here and in the Reading Exchange section.

The first one was in the Reading Exchange, I replied to a thread to request a reading by Ambience, and it said that I was the last one to post a reply in the thread, but when I went in the thread I couldn't see my reply, but after a few hours it came up

The second one was I replied to a reading by Al Si'ra in this section, my reply was there, but my reply was not registered as being the last post. There are 5 replies, but according to the thingie there are only 4 replies and that was Al Si'ra

Could someone explain to me what is happening :confused:

Admittedly, this is probably not the right place to post this, but I thought since it relates to this section, to a degree, I would try here first

Any response to this would be much appreciated

:love:

Bec

MeeWah
12-01-2006, 12:29
I have split this from Your Readings as better suited for Tech Support.

The occurrences seem related to technical glitches recently experienced with downloads or forum downtime.

If the approximate times of day of these occurrences are known, it could assist in researching their nature.

Thanks!

~MeeWah
Co-Moderator, Your Readings

Solandia
12-01-2006, 13:00
Hi Bec,

It sounds like the thread information may have been corrupted, as happens occasionally, so it then doesn't show the last past correctly. Let me know specifically which threads you were having problems with, and I'll look into it.

~ Solandia

Elven
12-01-2006, 14:32
New Posts not available - only throught the "talk" button and then through a post there and then to new posts. Just letting you know Solandia - sorry to add to this mess - Im sure you're aware of these things.
Right date and time on my computer - so not that.

Blessings
Elven x

Solandia
12-01-2006, 14:40
Hi Elven, I'm not sure what you mean by not available - do you mean you're getting no results when viewing New Posts?

http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?do=getnew

~ Solandia

Elven
12-01-2006, 15:04
Getting message - Sorry not Matches found - Please try some other matches.
I clicked the link you posted :)

Blessings
Elven x

gregory
12-01-2006, 18:51
When this happens to me, it is usually just befroe the forum crashes (see other threads on this topic !!!!) The other symptom is when your new posts say invalid and then show up in triplicate because you went back and did them again..... As far as I can tell, every time I have got invalid thread, the post has actually made it through.... (Times are recorded in the thread where Solandia asked for them, in Tech Support)

Elven
12-01-2006, 21:34
Well, I did a total scan of my computer for everything, I reset it, and basically went over all I could think of - turning it on and off.
One time I logged on I got some sign that said Fatal Error - but I think that was my computer - Im not sure - Im lucky if I can operate the pop-up toaster :bugeyed:

I am able to access New Posts at the moment but I still had to press a section on the main page to get into a thread and then have access to new posts.

Blessings
Elven x

rcb30872
12-01-2006, 21:35
Thank you Meewah

For splitting this, after I hit post, I thought that I really should have put this in the tech support, but I didn't want to confuse matters by saying the same thing twice. So thankyou for moving it, and thank you for PMing to tell me that you have done so.

The thread in the Reading Exchange thread, Ambience offering readings with Gilded Tarot the link is here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=52972
I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly when it was, it currently says that I posted 2 days ago. I think what the problem was there, Ambience had double posted, and it might have been the time when the request of deleting the post was taking place, I don't know, seems the logical explanation to that one, as far as I am aware there didn't seem to be any serious connection or whatever problems with the forum at the time

The thread in the Your Reading thread, which I was replying to for Al Si'ra, which I had just checked, she has responded to my reply, but since it really should say number of replies should say 6, it still says 5 (one more than when I checked this morning. That one, I can't remember exactly when that was either, but it says it was 2 days ago as well, that time there definitely were problems with the forum at the time, as I had the "page cannot be displayed" and there was taking a lot of time for the post to go through, and what not, the link is:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=53020

Thanks Elven

That is not exactly what I meant, I usually don't check for new posts, I just wander around and see if anything interests me, or just go straight to the thing that I am intending to post in!

Thanks gregory

That might be the reason

Thanks Solandia

For your support

Did I miss anyone :laugh:

Bec

Solandia
16-01-2006, 12:17
Hi again Bec, both threads seem to be working properly now. Let me know if you have problems like that with a thread again in future and I'll fix it.

~ Solandia

rcb30872
17-01-2006, 13:13
Hi again Bec, both threads seem to be working properly now. Let me know if you have problems like that with a thread again in future and I'll fix it.

~ Solandia
Thank you Solandia

Yes, I will let you know if I have any more difficulties, however, I have found things have been running a lot more smoothly over the last few days, hoping it will continue :D

Bec