Travel Charms

Emeraldgirl

I will be doing a big move interste next month and will doing the journey by car. Does anyone know of any crystals or talimans that are good for protection while on the road and travelling new places (aside from common sense :) )

Alta

this one is very powerful

...The particular design & method of use...is adapted from the famous "Key of Solomon the King" one of the oldest magical textbooks known to humankind. This talisman has been used by the followers of Solomon for centuries as protection from all kinds of negative forces. The design is said to be the most perfect double acrostic in existence--the words can be read on any possible horizontal or vertical plane & remain true.
A rough translation for the words wuld be "Sator, sower of the see, spins the wheel" which may mean that when a human being expends some effort in the direction of a true goal, the universe will match the effort & the goal will be achieved.
The talisman must be drawn on a piece of black card small enough to fit into a purse or pocket & is to be rendered in gold ink on a Saturday after dark. [A gold-colored gel-roller pen is a good substitute.]

S A T O R
A R E P O
T E N E T
O P E R A
R O T A S

Once drawn, the talisman is to be held in the hand by the light of a single white candle. Frankincense should be burned & the talisman passed repeatedly through the smoke to bless & cleanse it. [Frankincense is of a very spiritually powerful vibration.]
A sincere prayer to King Solomon asking for protection against all harm should be improvised & psalm 70 recited over the talisman.
Once consecrated, the talisman should be wrapped in a piece of black silk & carried upon your person for as long as you feel in need of protection.

Little Eagle

Hi

I use crystal grids in the house home and car. All you do is clean the car and then smudge with Sage into all the corner,remembering to state your intentions and to tell the sage of what you require from it. Loose leaf Lakota white is the best, and you will be suprised how different the energy feels. Then get 4 pieces of Selenite and after smudging these place into each corner of the interior. Try to put in aplace where they wil sit and the sunlight can still get to them ie the trim between roof and front window etc. Again state your intentions by telling the crystals what you require. , and lastly imagine a ball of white light around the car with the grid as the anchor points. This really does work and is also good for the homeetc. You could also keep a piece of rose quartz in the car to impart love and compassion.

a_shikhs

Marion,
that is really cool.... Ive never heard of something like that... Can we use some other incense instead of Frankincense?? Is there any site where i can learn more about these talismans???? Sounds exciting...:)

Alta

It is from a book, available, The Lesser Key of Solomon.
Frankincense is required but can be a part of a mixture of other scents (that is an incense stick that mixes a few fragrances, Frankincense among them).
I started using this during a lengthy very frightening stalking incident a few years ago.

Bluemanticore

Malachite is a good stone for protection, particularly while traveling. Jet also is a special traveler's amulet, worn to ward off dangers while on the road. Hope this helps.

HudsonGray

I've got two crow wing feathers and a Canadian goose tail feather in my car, all found on the ground. They're not stones, but I equate the crow feathers as going 'direct' to the goal, and the goose feather as travelling safely in the flock on the highway. Seems to work, I haven't gotten lost for a while now.

Emeraldgirl

Wow thanks everyone. I have a malachite bracelet which I wear for proection so that will definately be coming with me. I had never heard of the Solomon charm Marion but it definately sounds like something to do. Thanks again everyone for the ideas. I will also be looking for a jet rosary to take with me. I love rosaries and jet is a good protective stone as already said.

Emily

This is a little late but what about a 'St Christopher' charm - the patron saint of travellers. :)